AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Out of stock products

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there any way to pause Google shopping ads for OOS products except remove products manually from shopping feed?

Actually few times products out of stocks without any info and Ads run as usual and that is waste of money. I want to stop showing ads immediately after getting products out of stocks.

Thanks

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
April 2016

Re: Remove Out of stock products

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Santosh.

In order for the availability to be updated, one of four things need to happen:
a) When the feed expires (30 days), the product is no longer advertised
b) When you update the feed with an out of stock availability, the product is no longer shown in ads
c) if you enable automatic item updates, as described here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/3246284?hl=en and you do not update your feed too often, Google may correct the availability; but that doesn't happen in an instant.
d) If you use the Google's Content API for Shopping, https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/?csw=1 you can update the availability as often as you want

That's just about all you can do. Two actions that you can trigger are a feed-resubmission or a Content API for Shopping call.

Hope it helps.

Later edit: meanwhile, another idea came to my mind. If you can structure your shopping campaign in such a way as to have one product per ad group, you could use a script that can crawl your website every hour, extract the availability data and pause the ad groups that have products which are no longer in stoc.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Santosh, if you are auto updating your feed frequently there shouldn't be such problem.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply but I don't do auto updating .
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Santosh.

In order for the availability to be updated, one of four things need to happen:
a) When the feed expires (30 days), the product is no longer advertised
b) When you update the feed with an out of stock availability, the product is no longer shown in ads
c) if you enable automatic item updates, as described here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/3246284?hl=en and you do not update your feed too often, Google may correct the availability; but that doesn't happen in an instant.
d) If you use the Google's Content API for Shopping, https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/?csw=1 you can update the availability as often as you want

That's just about all you can do. Two actions that you can trigger are a feed-resubmission or a Content API for Shopping call.

Hope it helps.

Later edit: meanwhile, another idea came to my mind. If you can structure your shopping campaign in such a way as to have one product per ad group, you could use a script that can crawl your website every hour, extract the availability data and pause the ad groups that have products which are no longer in stoc.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Calin.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Turn off auto update of "availability" here: https://merchants.google.com/mc/automaticitemupdatesettings

THen just mark items "Out of Stock" and they won't show.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved over a year ago.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.