AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing in Shopping Campaigns (PLAs)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

So I have a shopping campaign. There is no remarketing set to this campaign.

I have a list of audiences in Google Analytics and want to implement a remarketing to my shopping campaign. However I am a bit confused Smiley Happy

I think it is a bit more straight forward in search campaigns but.. with shopping I am not so sure.

Here are two scenarios, which one is better?

Scenario 1.

Shopping Campaign A  with no audiences

Shopping Campaign B with audience list to different Ad Groups

Scenario 2.

Shopping Campaign A only. But this time all Ad Groups have their audiences again, add (lets say) +25% bid modifier and also add All visitors and leave without a modifier

Bonus question Smiley Happy  If I add a audience, say people who added an item to their cart but not converted, and increased bid like +25%. So if I do not add All Visitors then do I miss these people that are not in my audience list?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gratas I
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gratas I,

You can choose the strategy from either of two scenarios. But I prefer the second scenario, because of better reporting and targeting and enough budget allocation for audience list campaign. 

Now, coming to your bonus question, if you don't add audiences, who have added the product to cart previously. It does not mean your ads will not serve. Ads will still serve but, as you know you can the bid adjust on that audience list (Say  25%), means your ads will gain a better position in Serch engine result page.

So, the chances of the conversion are high in this case.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gratas I
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gratas I,

You can choose the strategy from either of two scenarios. But I prefer the second scenario, because of better reporting and targeting and enough budget allocation for audience list campaign. 

Now, coming to your bonus question, if you don't add audiences, who have added the product to cart previously. It does not mean your ads will not serve. Ads will still serve but, as you know you can the bid adjust on that audience list (Say  25%), means your ads will gain a better position in Serch engine result page.

So, the chances of the conversion are high in this case.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

From my personal opinion, I would do scenario 2. Unless there is a reason you want to split up new and returning visitors than there is no real need for this.

The audience bid modifier is there to help you bid higher for returning visitors. So if you are going to miss the click yes or no depends on your competitors bids / ranking and your bid / ranking. So your question is not a yes or no answer.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’