AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Rejected data field and contact us refuses phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In need of some urgent support. We have been trying to create a google merchant account so we can advertise our products. Tried to follow the google guidance but account/feed rejected. Tried to use the contact us form to get some information regarding what we have done wrong and the contact us form will not accept any phone number in any format I can think of!

Please can someone help with either the unusual phone number format I need to use, or an answer to the data feed issue!

Regards

Primary Tech Club

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Rejected data field and contact us refuses phone number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul.
You can always ask your question here.
We don't have access to your account so you'll need to provide a DETAILED description of your problem (imagine explaining it to an 8 year old) and we may be able to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am having the same problem I cannot get the support form to accept my phone number.  My data feed has 2 products that have been disapproved and I cannot find out why?  without submitting a form that will not send? I am getting rather flustered over it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Thanks for the offer but I think that as Chimeracards as the input by google is almost nothing. This is what they sent me.
"Your account is suspended due to a violation of our Terms of Service and Google Shopping Policies."
But as we only just created it I have no idea what we have violated. They offer an email reply to tell us exactly what is wrong but to request that you need a telephone number and that field is rejecting every possible phone number combination I can think of.

I just need someone from Google service to deal with it or fix the form.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Think I have answered my own issue!
I found a page on Google where (for some reason) the phone number is shown in 3 spaces.
so '0800 169 0409' I recreated our phone number with an extra space '01704 87 1196' and it accepted it. Hope that works for you also.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didnt get an email just the 2 products got removed and no indication as to what was wrong, my web store does all my data feeds for me as I have a freewebstore so I'm not even sure how it all works. Just think its something to do with the photos for those 2 products as they are not showing in my merchant account centre under products. but the other photos are. I have tried amending the number but still doesn't like it, perhaps its because it is mobile number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problems to a business line, tried adding +44, 0044, spaces as per the above. I've been on hold for over an hour as our feed has also been taken off.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For some unknown reason my problem has rectified it self, I now have no disapproved data feeds so I don't need to contact them anymore. I wish I knew why it was disapproved in the first place and they have decided its ok now when I have not changed anything. But the problem with the form still needs to be looked at I feel.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To be honest a terrible experience. I finally made contact through the Contact Us page and the response I got was "Please note that Google does not give individualized guidance to any merchant regarding our policies." So not only could I not get in contact using their forms I have also got no idea why my account has not been accepted. I think it had something to do with the fact our online store uses Shopify and therefore we are missing some settings or information required by Google.

It now means this is taking up far more of our time and I have no idea if at the end of it we will actually see any value from the output.