AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Recent Issues With Products being Disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We switched our URL structure back on July 31 which caused some issues with the our products being mobile friendly and caused our PLA's to go down for an entire week.  We corrected the issues, added dedicated mobile URL's to our feed to simplify the crawls to avoid redirects from the desktop site to the mobile, etc. and finally got all of our products back up and approved around August 6.  However since then we are seeing almost daily product disapprovals, something we never have had issues with. We do a daily fetch and the feeds work fine, however throughout the day we are seeing products drop out..  When I click on the product's reason for disapproval I get: SHOPPING - The URL you specified in your data feed wasn't working when we reviewed this item.

In the last hour 3 more products became disapproved for this same reason. My site is up and running, both the desktop version and the mobile site.  Something has obviously changed, how do I track down the issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recent Issues With Products being Disapproved

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Ryan_H,

It is easier to review Google shopping issues by viewing in the merchant center account. In the the merchant center review the issues and look especially about red flagged items which are not showing for disapproval reasons. There should be a better description of what is causing this.

In this case, the url itself may be wrong and not showing the item the url is tied to. You may wish to review this for yourself for each item to ensure that is not the case.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nick, I discovered the issues in Google Merchant Center under Diagnostics and the filtered the actual Products by Status: Inactive. I have drilled into each product and clicked on the "Why is this product disapproved?" link and has the same thing: SHOPPING - The URL you specified in your data feed wasn't working when we reviewed this item.

I have also, from the product page clicked on the product link, mobile link and photo link and all are working fine. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are telling me to do. Does what I am saying I have done make sense?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Ryan_h,

Yes you followed what I suggested above. I did a cursory google search and came across this old thread talking about the same problem here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Shopping-and-Merchant/The-URL-specified-in-your-dat...

It appears one common reason for this issue is that there is not a mobile link specific attribute being used but rather a redirect is occurring. Is that happening in your case Ryan?

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, my feed has a mobile URL in the feed so the crawl does not encounter the redirect. We added the mobile URL's the week all the products went down due to the "not mobile friendly" issues being encountered at that time..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for trying to help btw

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
As a side note, please make sure all url's are accessible in every country, not because you advertise in 1 country means you can block other countries.

Also the diagnostics tab collects issues from the past 30 days. Even if you fixed it, the error recorded in the past will still be there. You will notice that after 30 days these errors / warnings will disappear.

Your up to date info is in the products tab, not in the diagnostics tab.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Emmanuel, that was not the issue. Google was apparently appending some URL's (sporadically) which caused 404 errors when it added the string to the end of my URL. I have a firewall and after Google tripped the same error X time in Y number of days, it shut Google out entirely. We reset the firewall and Google supposedly fixed their issue, we are down to 10 products out of ~200 that are still disapproved but that number is gradually shrinking rather than growing like it had been.