AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

ReOrganizing Shopping Campaigns: Will I Lose My Data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to completely reorganize my Google Shopping Campaign because I can't really optimize anything the way its running right now. If I kind of  remove all my existing ad groups and start from scratch will I lose all my old data? I'd like to be able to refer back to it as I try to get it right the second time around. What is the best practice for redoing your campaign while preserving all of you old data?

Re: ReOrganizing Shopping Campaigns: Will I Lose My Data?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Do not delete your first campaign. Rather keep it in your account but I would label it with "OLD" and pause it. Create your new campaign in order to fully restructure and optimize Google Shopping - let that new campaign run and gather data. If you delete your old campaign, you will lose all historical date - if it is paused, then it will stay archived in AdWords. This way you can compare the performance of the two campaigns.

This method also allows you to go back into the old campaign and see what worked and what didn't.

Other way would be just to restructure the campaign and change what you need to be. I would make sure to annotate that in Google Analytics either way. But by the sound of it, you want to start fresh.

Re: ReOrganizing Shopping Campaigns: Will I Lose My Data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok. Thanks for the info. It is appreciated!