AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Question about feed rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just saw the feed rules tab and have a question - if I set a rule, will it overwrite what is in the field in the feed or will it just apply it when the field is blank?

I'm really looking to do the later. I need to go back and fix a lot of my products (especially ones I added many years ago) to add some of the missing data in products, but this is taking a LOT of time. So was hoping I could use the feed rules to "fill in the blanks" until I get everything done. But I don't want it to overwrite products in my feed that DO have everything correct.

Re: Question about feed rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oops! I finally found a help article that contained: "Note: If you're creating a rule for a target attribute that already exists in your feed, selecting the Overwrite all values for this attribute checkbox will overwrite any existing values in the feed for that target attribute. Leave this option unchecked to only update blank fields and preserve existing values for the target attribute." so yeah! That's what I hoped it did. Smiley Happy