AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Query related to automatic item updates

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a query related to my merchant account. I want only those items are eligible to see in the Google paid search result (through my shopping campaign) which only available in the stock.

However I found a solutions that available in the merchant account under setting tab> Automatic item updates settings.

Can anyone help me is it the worth solution for my query.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Query related to automatic item updates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Frank,

Products with 'In Stock' availability are served by default. So if you have certain products in the feed which are not available in the stock, they won't be serving till you change the status to be 'In Stock'.

Having said that, if you do not have automatic update enabled there might be situations when you marked a product to be out of stock and they might still show up till the time feeds are updated with this information. So, it's better to have automatic updated enabled. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Frank S,

In this case you have to make sure you have micro data implemented on your websites.

I believe the easier solution would be seccuring Google can fetch your data feed daily, your feed is updated daily and you only generate products, which is easier to generate, less load on database, easier to maintain the products in feed.

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the update