AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Query on Google Shopping ( merchant) ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I am using google merchant centre, google adwords and google analytic and my google adwords is linked with google analytic. Now my queries are

1) For Google Shopping ( google merchant ) - How can I see from which keywords ( search query) visitors land on my product page from google shopping/merchant/ google base?

2) How to remove negative keywords from google shopping? ( I mean we share our products to google via feed from merchant centre via FTP) so negative keywords we have to remove via which method?

3) Any more suggestion how to optimize google shopping and to reduce bounce rate?

Hope you are getting me what I mean?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Adwords > Go to your campaign > keywords > search terms

2) Adwords > Go to your campaign > keywords > negative keywords

3) Improve your data feed quality, improve the search term targeting, improve your website

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you. 

1) So If I have to see bounce rate of google base products then in google analytic I can see from here -  Site content -> All pages - here I can see my product url with google base in url ( like  myproduct?campaign=googlebase ) and when I set secondary dimension search query here I can see keywords. So these keywords are also the keywords which visitors searched in google shopping ( not google adwords) correct?

2) The feed which I send to google in that we cannot set negative keywords?

3) Is it possible to check bounce rate of products in google adwords?

Thanks  in advance!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) No only Google Adwords or visitors whom have clicked on the link with a query string campaign=googlebase

2) To add negative keywords, please follow my previous steps as this is the only way.

3) Unfortunately not

I don't recommend you focus to much on bounce rate as this is always very high with Google Shopping.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry again so thing which I am able to see in google analytic that is - Site content -> All pages - here I can see my product url with google base in url ( like  myproduct?campaign=googlebase ) and when I set secondary dimension search query here I can see keywords.........you mean this data is not correct?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If the links submitted to Google Merchant have the query string you defined ( like  myproduct?campaign=googlebase ), than yes these are Google Shopping search queries.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mitesh,

Regarding your point 1) you can also use Google Analytics search query information to see a list of words and phrases that people search resulting in your product being displayed on Shopping.

In order to do that:

- go to your Google Analytics account and log in

- go to “Acquisition”=> "Adwords" => " Search Queries" ( and will appear the words or phrases which displayed your product on Shopping)

- use the "secondary dimension"and choose "keyword"

- and if your campaign is granular to Id's level , now you can see which product are showing up for each search queries ( you can also click on "advanced"=> "keyword" contains id== )

You can use this information to determine the search keywords which convert the most.

Hope it will be helpful.

Regards