AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Promotion approval takes days and days

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just started my first promotion on Adwords, and spent more than an hour on the phone, twice, over a period of 48 hours to get a simple promotion approved that applies to all my products. It is taking 24 hours to get approval for an eight-word promotion text, because it's being approved by some machine somewhere, and the help desk cannot just clear it. This kind of thing is pure Kafka. I have spent thousands on Adwords this year, and this is how I'm treated. 

At the same time, I have just set up dynamic ads on Facebook, and I hope this will replace Google Shopping for me. 

How do I get a human being to make reasonable decisions about approving Adwords promotions, so that I can give more money to Google? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please provide all the details of your promotion you have submitted here and we can help you identify possible issues. The more info you provide the better we can help.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The issue at hand is that it took almost 24 hours to disapprove an eight-word promotion long title, and another 24 hours to approve it. That is totally unacceptable -- no matter what the issue was. On top of that, I spent more than an hour on the phone (on hold) with a rep, and that person completely failed to escalate it to the point where somebody could sign off on the eight words, and get it approved. This is dysfunctional business. 

When you create ads on Facebook, they have to get approved, but it takes minutes, not days. Small changes don't need approval. 

Six months ago I had a good customer service rep with Google in India. Now there is no chat support, and I can only get Americans on the phone, who are somehow far less competent. 

The whole situation is completely unacceptable. The fact that you too don't understand what the problem is, just reinforces the point. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think you did not read the policy regarding how promotions are processed, as it states it will take time before the review of the promotion takes place. More info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/3398326?hl=en&ref_topic=7322924

If you want to avoid the wait for a promotion to be reviewed than use a promotion data feed with promotions effective date. This allows you to submit a promotion data feed with all the info ahead of time and allows Google to review and approve within time. More info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2906014

Please note this is a member to member forum and we try to help, any feedback regarding Google's products can be done within Merchant Center > Top Right > Feedback

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Emmanuel, your reply doesn't address the substance of the actual problem in the OP. Perhaps you didn't read it. You are free to respond that Google 'owns' the forum, and therefore you can say this, you can't say that. And it's your job to better obey the dictates of Google. But this attitude is exactly what people hate about Google and Facebook. 

It's a done deal that I have shelved using promotions with Google and have shifted doing this promotion (free gift with purchase) to a Facebook campaign. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I just want to clarify a few things. First I am not part of Google and have no obligations to anyone on this forum other than following the user guidelines. I am here to help fellow forum members, such as merchants, freelancers and other agencies resolve problems, we do this for free using our own valuable time. By no means am I part of Google.

Hence why I said this is a member to member forum, meaning I'm an advertising consultant. If you prefer to have help from Google login to Adwords or Merchant Center > Top right corner > Help or if you have feedback, click on the feedback button.

I understand your frustrations and that is why in my previous reply, I suggested a solution, as this is a help forum. My reply was to help you. If your post was to complain about Google's service, than this is not the right place to post. You need to send Google constructive feedback within the help menu of Google Adwords or Merchant Center.

If you have any further issues, or need advice by all means post it here or create a new thread.

Hope it helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The place for constructive criticism of Google's practices is precisely where other paying customers see them, not in the abyss of Google's feedback system, staffed by an algorithm or some minimum wage staffer. 

If you are not a Google employee, you need to stop speaking on behalf of Google or the forum.