AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Producttype/product category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google

We are a little bit in doubt how to interpretate your guidelines for producttype and product category. We have received your list with GOOGLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES but it doesnt seem to have detailed levels of categorization for i.e. blouses and T-shirts. It this correct and does it meat that I have to choose CLOTHES as your product category for such products?

Also when setting up the feed does it have to contain all levels of categorization? For example which information should we include in the feed in the below example:

5598Tøj og tilbehørTøjOvertøjFrakker og jakker

Best regards,

Henriette Boel Sørensen

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Producttype/product category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Henriette, please translate the headings into English so that forum members can understand them.

Re: Producttype/product category

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Please note this is a community.

For categorization you need to choose the category that best fit your product. For example T Shirts it is
Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Shirts & Tops

Try to avoid using low level categories, the more specific you are ie : Shirts & Tops the better.

When adding the category value, you add the value that is appropriate for your product. Only 1 can be chosen. For example Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Shirts & Tops
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’