AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products not showing in Google Shopping

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Just a quick question...

My products are not showing in Google Shopping  - Status is 1100 products active, 57 dispproved, for various reasons... 

32 insufficent poduct indentifiers

63 missing recommended attributes

Would this stop 'active products' from showing?

As I am trying to find the reason for the products in my feed for not showing, I am wondering if 5% of products with Errors/warnings stop all other products showing.

Feed was updated this morning

Adwords is linked. 

Many thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"insufficent product indentifiers" will stop those items from showing up.

Unapproved products won't stop approved products from running.

How long ago were the approved products approved? It can take a few hours before they start running. And then there is a time lag on Adwords of a few hours after you start receiving impressions. Wait it out half a day and let us know.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Thanks for that. 

Not sure where to find 'Product approval'

The Ads and Adwords were paused last night, and new feed accepted and uploaded first thing this morning. 

So there is  delay on new feed upload? even though previous feeds have been accepted...what I mean is we are not brand new Smiley Happy  But maybe the new feed still takes Google some time to show/?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Switching to a new feed, make sure you have removed any old feeds from the account. Make sure the product id's are identical, if not than a review will take place which can take up to 3 working days.

However as you already have active products this does not stop you from advertising unless the merchant account has been suspended.

Check your campaign if you have the products added, if you have subdivisions in your ad group check each level if there are products in there, you can double check by clicking on the speech box which will show you all products within the subdivision regardless if they have been added as a child.

Make sure you have a budget and sufficient bidding.

But most importantly, do not search for your own products, every time you do so you trigger a possible impression, when this happens your CTR drops, resulting in higher cpc and lower ranking. Instead rely on google adwords data.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am not switching to a new feed. 

This is same feed I always use, just been updated as we have changed prices etc. 

The update is automatic from Mangento. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The issue is that this question has been asked thousands of times, and the nature of the query is there are too many possible answers. Listing all answers is not going to help you.

If you are managing your adwords account, than I recommend starting to research articles on how to improve by asking specific question. For example if you have low impressions, search how to improve impression in google shopping etc... or ask here. Read multiple articles as there is always something written somewhere that 1 article has not covered.

Alternatively if you want some great help here, try asking more specific questions, with data to help you. Without any info it's going to be hard to give you an answer that is going to be helpful.

But again, you need to start using Adwords Data, do not search for products.

Hope it helps

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for that. This question may have been asked a 1000 times, but I have not found the answer! Hence why I ask again. 

As with all issues I am trying to line up the potential bottles and knock them off one by one.  Because to us there is no possible reason for the products not to be showing in 'Google Shopping'  - the only change was the pausing of ADwords/Shopping the previous night. 

a) So if individually rejected products do not stop the rest of the products from showing

b) If the account is a mature account

c) If the products were showing previously. 

d) Except for the 'pausing' the only new element was yesterday morning an updated (not new feed) was accepted by Google

So maybe I need to change the question around....?

If I pause my shopping feed, when I un-pause will it take 24/48 hours to become live again, just as it seems to be with completely new feed/merchant centre accounts?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Unpausing a campaign only takes a couple of hours to be live.

However a competitor might have enjoyed better ranking during the period you have not been advertising, leading his ads to out rank you. This can be identified in your adwords data.

The only recommendation I have is to check if you have made any other changes in Adwords by looking at the history and to check your adwords data for any changes. Understanding and researching your data would be the place to be to identify issues.

Your task is to check your data, this is where you can find the answers you are looking for.

hope it helps