AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products have not Gtin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some products are going to be upload to Google shop through the feed, but I have a issue that I don't have formatted valid GTINs to give to these products [All these products are new with brand]? Is there an alternative way to do that ?

Many thx for any advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank H
October 2015

Re: Products have not Gtin

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

There are a number of different rules around the gtin attribute, depending on the type of product and the brand. You can read up on the full rules here, and check if your product type requires unique product identifiers, and if the brand is a designated brand.

@Celebird also answered a similar question a couple months ago, and that answer walks through a number of different scenarios. You can find that thread here.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank H
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

There are a number of different rules around the gtin attribute, depending on the type of product and the brand. You can read up on the full rules here, and check if your product type requires unique product identifiers, and if the brand is a designated brand.

@Celebird also answered a similar question a couple months ago, and that answer walks through a number of different scenarios. You can find that thread here.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie, went to the suggested solution. I am correct in interpreting the following statement as meaning. You must provide a valid GTIN? "When there is no unique product identifier for an item, provide this information explicitly in your feed by specifying the ‘identifier exists’ attribute for that item. When an identifier exists for the item but you do not have it, it is important to add the correct identifier to your feed rather than using the ‘identifier exists’ attribute."

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Lynne,

Yes, you must provide a valid GTIN if the product has one, and if it is required based on the policies I linked above for your product specifically.

Cassie