AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products disproved because of Guns and Parts...but NOT Guns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are repeatedly having dog food disproved because "Disapproved or invalid [guns and parts]"....it's dog food!! We do NOT and have NEVER sold guns or parts.
How do we change this disapproval? Google support continually suggests that we conduct a manual review for each product - this is time consuming for over 300 products and we have to do this every week when we re upload the feed.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Products disproved because of Guns and Parts...but NOT Guns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ethan, are support able to identify any particular product that is causing the problem?  It could be a single word (though I can't imagine what it might be!).  In situations like this you really need to keep with Support as they should be able to point you to the problem whereas there's very little we can do here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Jon. No - Support is not able to come up with anything. We'll rewrite some product descriptions and see if this changes anything.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Ethan,

There have been similar questions in this forum. The problem will mostly likely be a certain keyword is triggering Google's bots. It might only be a word related to guns, like holster.

My best guess (without looking at your site) is "muzzle", as that is a dog term and a gun term. Also look for the word "scope" on your site.