Products and product groups
I can see listing of all products but am having difficulty in creating product groups. The product groups would contain item items corresponding to listings in data feeds using the individual product unique id.
Re: Products and product groups
You create product groups by doing the following:
- From the side navigation, select the ad group for the Shopping campaign you’re interested in.
- Locate the product group you want to subdivide and click + next to its name. For example, the “All products” product group.
- In the window that appears, select the drop-down menu next to “Subdivide [name of product group] by” and choose a product attribute you’d like to use to begin defining your new product group. (You’ll probably want to use more than one attribute to define your product group. You can do this after you’ve created this subdivision by repeating the above steps). For example, “Subdivide All products by Product type.” The attributes listed are derived from your Merchant Center product feed and include: category, brand, item ID, condition, product type, and custom labels.
- After you select the attribute, select from the list of values that appears. For example, if you sell women’s shoes and selected the “Product type” or "Category" attribute, the values listed could include sandals, dress shoes, and boots. Click the arrow next to the values that you want to make up your new product groups, such as “Sandals” and “Boots.” If needed, enter any additional values manually in the text field below and click “Add.”
- Click Save.
- Back in the “Product groups” tab, you’ll see that “All products” has been subdivided into your new product groups (“Sandals” and “Boots”) and “Everything else in ‘All products.’” You can subdivide “Sandals” and “Boots” even further by following the same steps above.
- Once you’ve created the products groups for this ad group, you can adjust your bids for each product group by clicking in the max. CPC column next to each product group name. Revise the bid amount in the window that appears, or click “Excluded” if you don’t want the products in that product group to be advertised with this ad group.
- Click Save.
You can read more about product groups for shopping campaigns by clicking here. Please let me know if you have additional questions. I would be glad to help.
Re: Products and product groups
Thank you for your email
I have no trouble selecting from side navigation the add group.
All the 191 products under review for this trial belong to this category.
I suggest using the unique id. Example frtouk is it acceptable to use
letters or are numbers required?
Is it possible to run campaign from a listing of all products? and not
bother with product groups. I would prefer to create product groups from
all products using unique id. This id would create product groups based on
destination Country product designed for.
I really appreciate your help.
Mult-i-tel better by design.
tel: 44(0)151 548 8122
fax: 44(0)709 210 1464
Re: Products and product groups[ Edited ]
April 2014 - last edited April 2014
(1) if a status is under-review then those items
would not be seen within the adwords-account.
(2) id must simply be unique per item across all feeds and
should never change once assigned to a physical item --
all letters are acceptable (numbers are not required).
(3) all items from all feeds are funneled into the same
linked adwords account -- google automatically separates
items based on the target-country in the merchant-center
per campaign and during searches; simply select the
"Country of Sale" when creating the shopping-campaign;
there is no need to do this at the product-group level --
but this is possible if you wish.
(4) a product-group is used mainly to create a bid strategy --
for example, to bid differently (higher or lower) on groups of
items such as different brand items, different product_types,
or high-margin or low-margin items.
(5) when creating a shopping-campaign, a maximum (default) bid is entered;
this default bid may be applied to the default "All products" or
"All products (filtered)" group that is created automatically --
then, all eligible items will receive the same default bid;
there is no need to create other product-groups if you
wish to bid the same on all products in the default group.
(6) to bid differently per target-country, one strategy
would simply be to create a shopping-campaign per
target-country and be certain that the appropriate
country-of-sale is selected during campaign creation
and (only) the items you wish to bid on are seen within
that specific shopping-campaign.
(6) yes, if you wish to bid differently on a single item
then a new product-group may be created and the bid
can be based on the id.
(7) importantly, the website, image, and item within the feed
must conform to all merchant-center rules and policies and
receive a searchable (active) status, before the item will be
seen within the adwords-account.
each target-country has different rules for the website and feed --
the same feed or website-landing-page cannot be used for more
than one, single, target-country.
check the website, all submitted images, and all items,
within all data-feeds, against the following policies --