AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products Show as 'Free Shipping" on Shopping ad when Shipping costs are set up in Merchant center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I submitted my feed to Merchant center a few weeks back and configured the shipping cost in Merchant Center (depending on weight) and everything was fine, the shipping information shows in the ad was accurate.

However recently I notice that my products all show as "free shipping" in google shopping. 

- I haven't change anything in Prestashop since then

- I have tried to set up a new shipping costs in google merchant center depending on weight

- I have tried to set up a shipping costs for all products in merchant center

- I have no rules or promotions that could interact with it

- The shipping cost is correct on my landing page

Your help would be much appreciate as I fear for a suspension of my account as the information on the landing page isn't the same as in the ad.

Thank you in advance
Johann
Relaisbio.fr

2 Expert replyverified_user

Products Show as 'Free Shipping" on Shopping ad when Shipping costs are set up in Merchant center

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Johann,

I have two thoughts/ideas for you:

1. Do the products being sent to Google Merchant Center via the feed have values for the 'shipping' attribute? If so, this will override all account level shipping settings. The 'shipping' attribute should be blank.

2. Is the 'shipping weight' attribute populated for all products and are the units the same as the units used in the shipping table in Merchant Center? This attribute is required for every product because the account level shipping is setup based on weight. There are also only four choices for units and they must be written as one of the following: lb, oz, g, kg

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

When setting the shipping price in Google Merchant and you want this to be the active one, please remove the shipping details in the data feed.

The data feed info always over writes the Google merchant settings.

Kind regards, Emmanuel.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’