AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products Disappearing From Adwords Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've never seen this before. I have a Shopping campaign running that's been going for weeks, and I didn't change anything. Today I look in there and on the "Products" tab, some of the products are no longer visible, so I can't see the number of clicks or cost for them today. I look them up by "Item ID" in the "Product Groups" tab and they are still there. It seems the shopping ads are still running. What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel
May

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use manual feeds and not the API. We have the feed in a XML file and we went ahead and fetched all the feeds "Fetch Now" manually. It was cumbersome as each of our 12 sites have feeds broken down on product sub category/bestsellers etc. What bothers us here is that we spend millions on Google and they do not even have the courtesy to apologize or the knowledge to fix the issue. They may be a billion dollar company but each and every second our products are not shown impacts our business as well. With great power comes great responsibility and Google is hell bent on proving this wrong I guess. They want to change it to - With great power comes no responsibility and no accountability.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are also seeing the same and this has been happening across 12 different merchant center accounts. We got on a call with Google and the brilliant answer given was to resubmit the feed. We were given a turn around time of 72 hours by the Google analyst. When we iterated how serious the issue is and how it is impacting our business, the wonderful response was our technical team is working on it. We wanted to go ahead and complaint about this and asked for a complaint form. We got an email from the support team of Google which said " Hi XYZ, Here is the link for complaint form. Thanks. Google". No apologies, no sorry. The tone of the email sounded like "here's the form, write what you want, we do not care we are Google". 

Now comes the best part. Google authorized analysts tell us to resubmit the feed, wait for 72 hours without any business happening. We fetched the feed manually, and voila, the products started showing up in AdWords. 

Will keep this post updated with the happenings across our other properties too. 

Re: Products Disappearing From Adwords Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. How did you fetch the feed manually? Are you using an API?

In my case, I have two feeds - one is an API from Shopify, and the other is a CSV upload. Both feeds reflected products missing with no errors in the Merchant Center.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel
May

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use manual feeds and not the API. We have the feed in a XML file and we went ahead and fetched all the feeds "Fetch Now" manually. It was cumbersome as each of our 12 sites have feeds broken down on product sub category/bestsellers etc. What bothers us here is that we spend millions on Google and they do not even have the courtesy to apologize or the knowledge to fix the issue. They may be a billion dollar company but each and every second our products are not shown impacts our business as well. With great power comes great responsibility and Google is hell bent on proving this wrong I guess. They want to change it to - With great power comes no responsibility and no accountability.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adding to this most of our Items are not yet showing in Shopping results even though they are active in GMC & Adwords. I'm calling the customer support & writing mail with the case ID. I'm just repeating this unfair situation couple of times but still left unheard. 

You Spend Millions and fall in this situation only being a advertiser with Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My products are not showing in search results either at this time. BS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any progress on yours? Only a handful of my products are getting impressions/clicks.