AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Products Active in Adwords Not Uploaded in Google Merchant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have a list of products displayed in Google Adwords in the form of Google Shopping Ads.

Some of them are old and they are active in Google Adwords but haven't got impressions because they are not approved by Google Merchant (in fact, they are not even uploaded to Google Merchant).

All others (the majority) are uploaded and approved in Google Merchant thus having impressions in Google Adwords.

However, since some months ago, the total amount of impressions is lower than before and I am wondering if having products in Google Adwords active with no impressions and not approved by Google Merchant are penalizing the visibility of all other products.

Does it make any sense to remove them?

It would be an easy task to pause them if I could use Adwords Editor, however I don't think I can use it.

Thanks

Adria

P.S. I have other possible causes in mind that might be causing this issue but I will post them in other threads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Re: Products Active in Adwords Not Uploaded in Google Merchant

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aria,

Any item which is not active in Google Merchant Center should be removed from Adwords. If you wish to upload these in the future, they will become available after their review. However, this will occur regardless as they will be new to the feed on upload.

Once removed, if you see these reappear, the chances are they are still active in the feed. You can choose to try and locate them within Google Merchant Center where you can remove them from there under the Products Tab, found on the left hand menu. 

There can be some occassions where an item is not deleted and then it'll only be removed after a 30 day expiry period occurs.

Google Product Category should always be included, if the exact categorization is not available, then it is best to select the closest available, even if this is simply a single level value.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adria

Within your Google Merchant Center account are you showing any notices within the diagnostics?

Do you have more than one feed registered in Google Merchant Center where these items may have been uploaded at one point and possibly deleted?

Have you had these items within a feed that you have then uploaded over recently? There can be a delay from uploading in Google Merchant Center, to your products reflecting these changes in Adwords (Google Shopping Ad's)

You said the majority of your items are approved, those which are not, do you have outstanding issues with them that can be resolved?

If so, then I would turn my attention to resolving any problems, violations or errors and upload your feed again and try to get all your items approved and active. 

"P.S. I have other possible causes in mind that might be causing this issue but I will post them in other threads."

It would be helpful if you could keep all information pertaining to this issue within the one post, it allows us here in the forum to have all necessary pieces of the puzzle at hand in order to assist the best we can. 

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for the reply. I am going to try to answer your questions accurately.

Wilson: Within your Google Merchant Center account are you showing any notices within the diagnostics?

In the diagnosis tab of Google Merchant I have notifications but they are not related to that matter. The products active in Adwords but not uploaded to Google Merchant do not appear in the notification module.

In relation to the diagnostics, there are two issues I think they are causing the reduction of impressions. I have a considerable number of products (12% of the total) with wrong identifier codes, that means some products updated to Google Merchant cannot be displayed to Google Shopping. Knowing that products with an error are not displayed in Google Shopping, do they also cause low impressions to active products?

Besides, I also have lots of products with no Google Category because I have my own product category. Do you think adding the Google Category can increase considerable the amount of impressions?

Wilson: Have you had these items within a feed that you have then uploaded over recently? There can be a delay from uploading in Google Merchant Center, to your products reflecting these changes in Adwords (Google Shopping Ad's)

I have not upload them recently so I don't think this is the issue.

Wilson: You said the majority of your items are approved, those which are not, do you have outstanding issues with them that can be resolved?

The items I have got in Adwords that are active but not uploaded to Merchant, I keep them there because now I don't want to advertise them but in the future I might want. However, if someone tells me that having them in Adwords might penalize the overall account performance thus affecting the running products, I will remove them.

I hope you see my point. Smiley Happy 

Adria

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aria,

Any item which is not active in Google Merchant Center should be removed from Adwords. If you wish to upload these in the future, they will become available after their review. However, this will occur regardless as they will be new to the feed on upload.

Once removed, if you see these reappear, the chances are they are still active in the feed. You can choose to try and locate them within Google Merchant Center where you can remove them from there under the Products Tab, found on the left hand menu. 

There can be some occassions where an item is not deleted and then it'll only be removed after a 30 day expiry period occurs.

Google Product Category should always be included, if the exact categorization is not available, then it is best to select the closest available, even if this is simply a single level value.

Tom Wilson

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom. thank you very much for your help!

I will remove them by an script or programming way because there is no other option to exclude a big amount of ads using Adwords Editor so far.

Adria