AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product status change after disapproval due to incorrect price (or other issues)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are currently in the process of migrating our productfeeds in Merchant to the content API. One of the goals is to reduce the temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices.

How long does it take for a product to get verified after a price change is pushed via the API and what happens to the status? E.g. I have a product that is disapproved for whatever reason and I update some info (price, availability, description etc). Does the product status immediately change to 'pending' or does it stay 'disapproved' until the changes get verified? If the product stays disapproved how long does the verification process usually take?

The reason for my question is that we also want to start automatically deleting disapproved products. If we status check a product and it is disapproved we want to automatically delete it.

Thanks,
Lennart
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product status change after disapproval due to incorrect price (or other issues)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
New products take up to 3 working days
Existing product updates, up to 24 hours

You can also request for the products to be reviewed again, please make sure all issues are 100% resolved before requesting a re approval.
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended?rd=1#contact=1&ts=6081780

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Product status change after disapproval due to incorrect price (or other issues)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but until the review is done the products stay disapproved?
we have millions of products so it is not possible to manually review products..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
So, usually the review process takes 24 hours of a product already submitted. There is no indicator when the product has be re reviewed.

If a product is disapproved again it will simply says disapproved.

There might be a way, but I recommend asking this question at the dedicated forum.
https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/forum/

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your answer, I tried at the content API forum but they said I should try here.

I understand the process takes 24 hours of a product already submitted. What I want to know is what happens to the status during those 24 hours. Does it stay disapproved while pending for the review?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

for most issues with a pending-review or item-disapproval,

the pending or disapproved status will remain until a review
has been completed or a correction has been verified --
either by someone at google, or more typically by the
automated re-crawl and policy-review systems.

as was indicated, reviews for new items may take 3-business-days;
while items with an existing disapproval status may need to wait for
a re-crawl of the landing-page or image and a verification of a fix,

before a final (searchable) status is applied.

google may also apply a (4-day) waiting period, regardless of any fix;
especially if there are too many or too frequent disapproval issues --
this is akin to a time-out and is meant to allow for a more thorough
diagnosis of the issue and to ensure that a root-cause can be found,
so a long-term solution can be implemented to prevent future violations
and reduce the risk of a permanent suspension.

too many or too frequent disapprovals may
trigger an account suspension, at any time.

the api, website-microdata, or inventory-updates, are mainly
to help prevent such issues from occurring in the first place --
rather than fixing already disapproved items.

the api only affects the point at which an item is changed/deleted --
so, the api can help improve the speed at which an item is updated
and can be much more targeted than a feed update.

the api does not fundamentally change the review process or status assignments.

as an aside, some business-models require changing the price or inventory
availability so frequently that using the api still cannot meet google's policies;
in these cases, such items cannot use product-listing-ads for advertising --
the exemplar is an auction-related website.

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160491