AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product showing free shipping - why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching for some of my products on the shopping results on Google, I can see that they are labelled 'free shipping' when they are clearly not.

In the merchant centre, my shipping policy is clear. In Adwords, the promo states free delivery over a certain cost. So my question is, where is Google getting this information from?

I'm worried I'm getting clicks that will not convert or just bounce when customer realise they have to pay for shipping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel D
September 2015

Re: Product showing free shipping - why?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Daniel D

Within your Google Merchant Center Feed are you submitting the Shipping price or are you setting the price within your Google Merchant Center settings?

Data value within the feed will override the settings placed in your Google Merchant Center Dashboard. So be sure to check both areas, that Free shipping is not present.

If no value of free is found, I would suggest contacting Google directly, so as this issue does not resolve in an unfair suspension in regards to violating policy. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

If this or an alternative post has provided you the answer you require, "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel D
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Daniel D

Within your Google Merchant Center Feed are you submitting the Shipping price or are you setting the price within your Google Merchant Center settings?

Data value within the feed will override the settings placed in your Google Merchant Center Dashboard. So be sure to check both areas, that Free shipping is not present.

If no value of free is found, I would suggest contacting Google directly, so as this issue does not resolve in an unfair suspension in regards to violating policy. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

If this or an alternative post has provided you the answer you require, "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer - that looks to be the problem.