AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product recommendation in dynamic remarketing with <g:display_ads_similar_id>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am running a dynamic remarketing campaign. The ad form I chose will show 3 products. In the dynamic ads, I want to show related products. For example, user viewed product A under category X. I want the other 2 products in the ads to be product B and product C (related products of A, under the same category X)

I read about the display similar ad tag <g:display_ads_similar_id> in here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069387?hl=en&ref_topic=7257847

And also the product type tag product_type https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324406

My question is can I set up displaying the related products as described above by using these 2 tags? If I can, all I have to do is adding the 2 tags in the Ad feed on Merchant Center?

Thanks alot!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Product recommendation in dynamic remarketing with &lt;g:display_ads_similar_id&gt;

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Huyền Trang. Though I haven't used this feature myself, it seems that it does exactly what you want. For each product you want to display similar items for, you should add similar products, up to 10 per item.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Product recommendation in dynamic remarketing with &lt;g:display_ads_similar_id&gt;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @AdWiser, thanks a lot for your reply!

Gonna try to fix it in my ads.

Hope it works well!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just so you are aware Google's automated algorithm, will show ether the same or relevant products within the category. And will adjust which products to use based on ctr and other algorithm settings.

By using display_ads_similar_id you can add only product id's not labels or product type etc... As indicated above, only 10 similar product id's can be added per product.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’