AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product listings Ads Vs Exact Match Keywords - Can you help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am wondering if someone could help me with this problem i am having with a PPC account I am currently managing. The campaigns have been split by match types, and there is also a Product Listings campaign. On a few of the exact keywords when i hover over to see if it is active or not, Google is reporting to me that it is not showing because of the Product Listings Ads.

I would be appreciate if anyone could give me any help on how to overcome this issue? I know you can add negatives to the PLAs but this is the first time i have encountered a problem like this.

Paul

Re: Product listings Ads Vs Exact Match Keywords - Can you help?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Paul F,

keywords do not work in PLA campaigns. Like you said you can only add negative keywords and these will actually work, but keywords themselfs are not doing anything there and you can delete them.

Alex

Re: Product listings Ads Vs Exact Match Keywords - Can you help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had the same issue with a number of our campaigns. At the end we just added those exact match keywords as negatives to PLAs (as PLAs do not convert nowhere near as well as regular text ads), and our text ads started appearing for all the targeted keywords.