AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product images in Merchant Centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a apparel company from Hong Kong. Google Merchant Center just open a beta version for Hong Kong and we want to try this. One of a digital marketing agency told us that our GMC product image can not show model's face. But all of our image in our site comes with model shot. May I know if it is real that we can't show product image with model face?

Thanks,

Hanson

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

In certain situations yes, there have been occasions where models get flagged for violation. However it all depends on the severity of the issue. There is currently no written info on at what point its a violation.

The only time I have seen a violation was when a product was presented with a model, where the model was actually not contributing or showcasing the products. For example a model standing next to a product. There is no added value of a model standing next to a product.

But a model wearing a t shirt is ok, as it is common practice to do so.

You can read the full guidelines on images below

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324350?hl=en&ref_topic=6324338

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

also, a few other examples that may trigger related policy violation flags:
adult -- e.g. models showing too much flesh without the adult attribute set yes;
variants -- e.g. models wearing blue apparel but the item-offer color is black.

of course, the latter example has nothing whatever to do with a model per se
and would be flagged if there were no person in the submitted product image.