AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product Ratings: New Diagnostic page to solve feed reviews issues in Merchant Center

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Last week, we launched a new diagnostic page in Merchant Center for Product Ratings that allows merchants to understand and resolve any issue with their reviews feed. The diagnostic information, typically available within hours of feed submission, provides detailed information on review acceptance and rejections that can help merchants quickly troubleshoot any issues. For example, reviews without an associated timestamp, text, or author among other common issues are going to be flagged in this page.

Product Ratings put a 5-star rating system – and reviews — on your Shopping Ads, so shoppers can feel more confident about what they buy from you.

If you haven’t implemented Product Ratings yet, and want to drive more qualified traffic to your site, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch with more details.

yO1GVasbIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Product Ratings: New Diagnostic page to solve feed reviews issues in Merchant Center

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

We hope you enjoy this update! Please post below if you have any questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Cassie, 

This looks really cool.

We are using an approved Product Ratings aggregator to send our product review feed. We've yet to see the ratings appear on our product listings (about 5 weeks since activation). I was looking for ways to confirm there weren't any issues in that feed and came across your post. 

As far as I can tell, we don't have access to this tool. At least I'm not seeing a Product reviews feed block under the Products feed as you've shown above. 

Is that because we are using an aggregator? If so, is there a way to still access this type of troubleshooting information for our reviews feed? 

Thanks!

Bryan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do Trusted Stores campaigns have to be migrated to a Merchant account?  We had a separate account for Google Trusted Stores so that sales people could respond to issues without gaining access to our AdWords campaigns.  Right now we have Survey opt-ins received showing results but no results in the Surveys offered graph.  I have placed a test order to test our code and I have received no survey in my email.  This is important to us as we don't want our high Trusted Stores ranking to fall off our Adwords and shopping ads.

Re: Product Ratings: New Diagnostic page to solve feed reviews issues in Merchant Center

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

(1) the product-ratings-diagnostics-section is for a product-ratings-feed,
that is uploaded directly into the merchant-center-account, by merchants --
not for third-party-reviews, nor seller-ratings, nor customer-reviews.

(2) yes, a merchant-center-account is required to migrate data
from the google-trusted-stores (certified-shops) program to the
new google-customer-reviews-program.

google-customer-review details will be under the merchant-center-account but
is separate, apart from, and has nothing whatever to do with, product-ratings --
which was the subject of google's original post here.

generally, only trusted-stores-reviews received within the last 365 days will be

automatically migrated to the new google-customer-reviews-program and then
should be visible as a seller-ratings-page, under the google-shopping-domain.

the main change between google-trusted-stores and google-customer-reviews
is the elimination of both customer-purchase-protection and review-extensions.

also, any related review-extensions will no longer be displayed on
search-ads and any existing trusted-stores-review-extensions will
be removed, beginning around the same march-2017 time frame

as the customer-review-data migration.

the exact review-extensions-removal date and customer-reviews-migration date
may vary slightly from merchant-to-merchant and there may be lag-times from
the march-2017 time frame.

otherwise, for any related migration issues, google may be contacted directly --
https://support.google.com/trustedstoresmerchant/contact/merchant_contact

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7188525

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

I´m having a problem on my product review and maybe you or anyone else here can help me out. I´ve done all the integration that seems correct. I got the google review badget on the website. When someone finnalizes a purchase the google review message for the customer to opt in pops out but for some reason that client does not appear on my Survey opt-ins received. I noticed the Product Ratings status shows as "Inactive", I serached all the internet and youtube and I couldn´t find a solution, does anyone know how to sort it ou?

Thanks,

Denis

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

this is a rather old thread.

generally, if the user received the survey but the information does not appear
within the merchant-center, be certain all the required parameters exist within
the opt-in-code with proper and valid values, the page uses proper html5, the
terms-of-condition have been accepted, and both the physical products being

sold and the target-country are supported.

also, verify the method of participation -- e.g. if a third-party is submitting the
product-reviews-feed, or a product-reviews-feed is being submitted via the
merchant-center, or if the product-reviews are being handled directly via the
google-customer-reviews program -- the reporting and details available differ,
depending on the participation method.

also, if a products-review-feed is being used, be certain to inspect the
feed-status and verify at least 50-products have been uploaded for review.

otherwise, usually, product ratings/reviews status will remain ineligible until
valid gtin, from the manufacturer, for the exact products being sold, can be
matched to the same manufactured-products, listed on google-shopping.

otherwise, there may simply be a delay of week or so, from when the opt-ins
have been received and the details can be updated within the merchant-center.

otherwise, google may be contacted directly --
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/gcr_merchant_contact

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks for your thorough explanation Celebird, even though I wasn´t able to sort it out. I´ll contact the support.