AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads Campaign settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Are there any benefits of choosing the campagin type and " Search and Display network only " to set up Product Listing Ads instead of the normal "search network type" or Google Shopping?

Can we Focus on Keywords which the search and dispaly network?

I guess what i'm asking is why would someone choose "Search and Display network only" to setup PLAs.

Are there any benefits with this campaign type?

Re: Product Listing Ads Campaign settings

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Sushil,

I would strongly encourage you to set up a Shopping campaign, since PLA campaigns that are not the "Shopping campaign" type will be migrated over beginning in late August.

If you do set up a PLA campaign, however, PLAs can only show on the Search Network, so there's really no benefit to setting up a campaign that shows on the Display Network too. Unless you want to run text/image ads on the Display Network too, within the same campaign.

Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Coco,

My friend here setup PLA using the Search and Display network with keywords, We are trying to setup the new Shopping campaign since it is retiring in August. He says that he would like to replicate the structure of the older campaign. He feel that his adds are running on the keywords!

This is the part I don't understand, How is he using keywords for Product Listing Ads, Is he misinformed? He also says that it is reporting too.

What exactly are these keywords? Or is he running product listing ads as text ads?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Sushil,

PLAs don't use keywords; they use auto targets. So if your friend has keywords in his campaign, those could be used to target either the search or display network, if he has different ad types in his campaign. And that's where the keyword reporting would be coming from.