AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Product Feed Attribute Language - Color

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are trying to provide color attributes to our product feed for international countries, but one challenge is that our color values are in French where our feeds are targeted in English. 

For example,

header: "color"

value: "bleu" *not* "blue"

Are these accepted by Google?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick L
September 2015

Re: Product Feed Attribute Language - Color

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Attributes that have predefined english values as per feed specification need to be in english indeed.

All of this can be very confusing Smiley Happy
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
All values submitted must be the language of the target country

French Bleu
English Blue
Belgium Blauw
German Blau
etc...
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see. So, this seems to be fine. Glad to hear that. The reason why I was confused was the statement below in the help doc: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494

"If you are using a delimited format, you can use the attribute names in either English or the language of your target country. Make sure that the attribute names (e.g., 'condition') and values (e.g., 'new') are always in the same language."

Because our attribute names are in English ('color', 'description', etc...), I thought our values also had to be in English for France feeds, but that is not true according to what you are saying right? Google actually requires values to be in French for France, correct?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Correct.

Attributes = English
Values = Target Country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Emmanuel. One other question I had is somewhat related is, we seem to provide English value "in stock" for "availability" column for our French feed, and they seem to be accepted. I was wondering if you guys actually accept English values for certain columns with fixed values (e.g. age group, gender, and availability)?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Patrick L
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Attributes that have predefined english values as per feed specification need to be in english indeed.

All of this can be very confusing Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Indeed. Especially since if I look at the French version of the spec, the values are not in English, so it confused me as to whether English or French is expected for the values. Anyways, I will take it as "if there are fixed values, English is supported"