AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with dynamic remarketing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On adwords > audience page i have this notifications 

We haven't detected custom parameters for Retail (AdWords)

Custom parameters are optional for your tag.

Your tag doesn't include the custom parameter "ecomm_prodid".
View tag implementation instructions
Top 10 URLs without "ecomm_prodid" 
http://golfdiscount.my/checkout/onepage/success/

We didn't find the custom parameter "ecomm_pagetype"
Your tag doesn't include the custom parameter "ecomm_pagetype".

Some cart pages are missing the custom parameter "ecomm_totalvalue"

site link - http://golfdiscount.com

but all pages contain these parameters  (check with google tag assistance). Error log contain more than 500 links with "prod_id eror",  for example http://www.golfdiscount.com/ping-g30-irons 

How can i fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Golf D
September 2015

Re: Problems with dynamic remarketing

Google Employee
# 14
Google Employee
I still don't think you've saved your changes as a new version and published it.
You can look in GTM at under Container Draft > overview you should see "unpublished" and you can use the 2 buttons "create version" and "publish"
You can also look under Versions > overview to see which version is currently live and what kind of settings are currently running live on your site.

See this help center article for more details:
https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/2699097?hl=en

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Google Tag Assistant shows that your remarketing tag is firing but it's not passing any of the required custom parameters.
Looking at your dataLayer, I do see an event called "fireRemarketingTag" with a proper google_tag_params object but it's not properly passed to the tag.
Can you verify that the macro you use for the dataLayer points to the dataLayer variable name "google_tag_params" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one strange macro (look screenshot)Снимок экрана 2015-03-27 в 18.08.26.png

What i must do with?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
No, the data layer variable name should just be "google_tag_params"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How many macro must be with the same name, and how i can check that all work well? 

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

You need a single macro in this case, it contains all your parameters required for dynamic remarketing (ecomm_prodid, ecomm_pagetype, etc...)

You can use Google Tag Assistant to check the parameters. If your remarketing tag is passing parameters you should see the green "1 Requests" link and be able to click on it to see all the parameter values:

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 11.33.20 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How long adwords will be analyze all corrections? I have already change name, but mistakes don't disappear.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
The tag stats in AdWords update every 24hours or so (although they're working to improve that)

However I looked at your site again and you still haven't fixed it. Can you verify that your "Ecommerce actionfield" macro is the one used in your remarketing tag in the "Custom Parameters" section, under "Use Data Layer"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like this? 

Снимок экрана 2015-03-27 в 20.18.17.png

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
Yes for the Custom Parameters but No for the conversion id:
Conversion ID should be a static number, taken from the remarketing tag code in AdWords (under shared library > audiences > Tag details button > Setup button > View AdWords remarketing tag and instructions > get the value for google_conversion_id)
I believe yours starts with 107... (don't want to give the full number here)