AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Problem when using the delivery heading in shopping feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is the go-to document for google shopping specs: 

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en-GB

Under the shipping section, it states that if you want to specify delivery costs via the feed (and not the merchant centre), that you could use the following heading:   delivery(countrySmiley Tonguerice)

And then for example populate that item under the heading as follows:

GB:4.99

GB:3.50

GB:2.99

etc

However, I think there might be a major typo on this document. Is the heading not Delivery but instead Shipping? I ask because two of my clients have recently had to introduce these fields, and the merchant centre is flagging them both as errors - stating that delivery is an unrecognised field.

If this is the case, this is a really big typo on the document. Any thoughts and some clarification would be most helpful.

FYI we cannot use the shipping rules or rate table in the merchant centre because the requirements are too complex and differ from product to product.

Some clarification would be great.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem when using the delivery heading in shopping feed

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Let me take a look at this and I'll get back to you shortly.

Cassie

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

First of all, good catch! 

Could you try using this link instead, switching it to the UK, and let me know if you still see the term "delivery" instead of "shipping"?

Also, could you let me know how you reached the page you originally linked?  Since this does seem to be an error, I want to make sure it gets resolved for other users. Did you have the page your originally linked bookmarked, or did you access it from another page?

Thanks!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie, many thanks for getting back to me. I simply Googled "google shopping feed specifications", and it was the first page that came up.

Actually, I noticed the other day in another help file that it linked to this page too, but I can't remember which document was linking to it sorry.

So does that mean that the correct heading is in fact shipping(price) and not delivery(price)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
FYI my client's developer has updated the heading to read shipping and there is no longer an error. Let's hope now that the shopping centre team will look at this urgently and re-activate the feed!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Thanks for the update, Rob! Glad you got it uploaded without errors, and I'll pass the feedback along to our Shopping team.

Cassie