AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Problem uploading csv with modified bids to ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to modify the initial ad group bids of my shopping campaign to all my products using Adwords as I want to get a particular bid per each product and I cannot do it manually because they are a lot and it would take me a long time. As a consequence, I downloaded the cvs of all the products with the initial ad group bids, I modified them as I needed and once I uploaded the cvs file with the new specific bid per product, it says there are 0 changes and all stays as before. Obviously I am doing something wrong but I cannot see it so far. Could someone give me a hand with that?

Besides, I realized as well that when a category of products has more than 1000 products, Google Adwords adds automatically the products for the first 1000 and the next ones does not. Is there a way to do it without adding it manually? Or I should cluster them in a specific category with less than 1000 in order to not have that problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Re: Problem uploading csv with modified bids to ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I solved the problem. Basically I had to tick in the advance editing section of the download and schedule report in order to include ID and action columns in the csv. Once I had it, write "Set" in the Action column of every product which I changed the Max CPC Bid. Afterwards, I uploaded through the Bulk report section and done.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
can't you just select "All products" under product group and Edit " > Change Max CPC Bid...
I think it can change the value to all products in that group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anil,

I can't do that because all my products has a different Max CPC Bid. I need to modify the Max CPC Bid for a my products by uploading a spreadsheet.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I solved the problem. Basically I had to tick in the advance editing section of the download and schedule report in order to include ID and action columns in the csv. Once I had it, write "Set" in the Action column of every product which I changed the Max CPC Bid. Afterwards, I uploaded through the Bulk report section and done.