AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Problem uploading csv with modified bids to ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to modify the initial ad group bids of my shopping campaign to all my products using Adwords as I want to get a particular bid per each product and I cannot do it manually because they are a lot and it would take me a long time. As a consequence, I downloaded the cvs of all the products with the initial ad group bids, I modified them as I needed and once I uploaded the cvs file with the new specific bid per product, it says there are 0 changes and all stays as before. Obviously I am doing something wrong but I cannot see it so far. Could someone give me a hand with that?

Besides, I realized as well that when a category of products has more than 1000 products, Google Adwords adds automatically the products for the first 1000 and the next ones does not. Is there a way to do it without adding it manually? Or I should cluster them in a specific category with less than 1000 in order to not have that problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Re: Problem uploading csv with modified bids to ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I solved the problem. Basically I had to tick in the advance editing section of the download and schedule report in order to include ID and action columns in the csv. Once I had it, write "Set" in the Action column of every product which I changed the Max CPC Bid. Afterwards, I uploaded through the Bulk report section and done.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
can't you just select "All products" under product group and Edit " > Change Max CPC Bid...
I think it can change the value to all products in that group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anil,

I can't do that because all my products has a different Max CPC Bid. I need to modify the Max CPC Bid for a my products by uploading a spreadsheet.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrià I
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I solved the problem. Basically I had to tick in the advance editing section of the download and schedule report in order to include ID and action columns in the csv. Once I had it, write "Set" in the Action column of every product which I changed the Max CPC Bid. Afterwards, I uploaded through the Bulk report section and done.