AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Price of product different to website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have many products disapproved because 'It had a price different from that on your website."  I can only guess that the reason is that we list a product once then offer variants within the same listing. So one product can have various sizes, the larger being more expensive than the smallest.  One price has to display, by default our site chooses the smallest/lowest.  So you can click on a product listed at $10 and see products at $10, $12, $15, $18 etc.

This is good navigation, it makes life easy for the viewer and minimises clicks.  So Mr Google, how do I get around this problem with Google Merchant Centre?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob S
April 2016

Re: Price of product different to website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
In your case I recommend hiring a developer to integrate a system that you can preselect the correct variant depending on the product clicked on Google Shopping.

For example you can have a script that detects a query string in the URL like http://example.com/myproducts?size=xl
A script server side like PHP can than detect the query string and preselect and display all the correct info based on that size.

Alternatively do not list variants and only the first product that is pre selected.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob S
April 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
In your case I recommend hiring a developer to integrate a system that you can preselect the correct variant depending on the product clicked on Google Shopping.

For example you can have a script that detects a query string in the URL like http://example.com/myproducts?size=xl
A script server side like PHP can than detect the query string and preselect and display all the correct info based on that size.

Alternatively do not list variants and only the first product that is pre selected.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your alternative makes most sense e.g. 'do not list variants and only the first product that is pre selected.' It is easy to implement and does not change the initial user experience - they just get a nice surprise to find out there are more than one variant on offer. Thanks Emmanuel.