AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Policy violations to fix - UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
We have just launched our new website <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> and decided to promote it via Google Shopping.,for which we submitted data feed.But We have been received following mail of our account suspension.

-- Policy violations to fix

Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies:

UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)

The online shopping experience offered through your website was considered unsatisfactory for Google Shopping users at this time. In determining whether a merchant or site is untrustworthy we may review information from multiple sources including your website, product listings, accounts and 3rd-party sources. Due to the sensitive nature of the review we are unable to provide further details. Finally, we encourage you to build a track record of good customer service.

We have looked into all policies before submission and have not found any violation of google policy from our side. Any advice would be very much appreciated for us to understand the reason for disapproval.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which may put other members at risk. 
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Policy violations to fix - UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is an outside possibility... Your checkout is at
https://store-hh074t.mybigcommerce.com

If there is an option to use your own URL for the checkout, that might be the answer.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There can be allot of random things that cause this issue.

If the email that you received from Google does not explain how to resolve your issue, you will be most likely banned forever. And nothing can be done to correct this.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI,
Can you outline the random things that is the cause ?
Regards!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I can't.
These types of violations are very serious and are not explained properly by Google. If Google does not explain the reason than the only thing we as community members can do is guess. Guessing is just an endless circle.
As not a single person that I know has ever got unsuspended, there is really no point looking into your site and or business model.

If the email does not explain how to fix your issue, than you need to look elsewhere to promote your products such as Google Text or Display advertising.

Alternatively I suggest contact Google Adwords, Google has the final say in who can promote products and who can't.

When you contact Google and they can't give you suggestions on what to fix, than I would give up and move on. You will be wasting countless hours, with no results.

DO note this is my personal opinion. I am a community member and so are others on this board.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Untrustworthy promotion means that the business model or the business practices you have  adopted / conducted were found unacceptable and your business cannot be promoted on Google.

Since it's a severe violation the chances of being reinstated are rare. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’