AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Please help - how do I set identifier exists to false

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, I've asked one of the people on here in a forum but thought I might as well ask here incase anyone else knows the answer please? I have been trying to fix my google shopping issue for more than 6 months now and I have even contacted many companies asking to pay them to fix it but no one seems to know how to fix it, my website is linked with it, it's all verified and everything, I only sell personalised, fully custom family collages, none of my handmade items have GTIN's or brands or anything. I'm just having trouble making my google Merchant account to allow me to set the identifier exists to 'FALSE' I haven't got the right boxes on my google merchant account like other people I only have the following options: Mine shows as this:

TITLE says Attributes:
The word "IF"
Then a box saying the following:
ADDITIONAL IMAGE LINK
AVAILABILITY
BRAND
CONDITION
CUSTOM LABEL 0
CUSTOM LABEL 1
CUSTOM LABEL 2
CUSTOM LABEL 3
CUSTOM LABEL 4
DESCRIPTION
IF
IDENTIFIER EXISTS
IMAGE LINK
LINK
MPN
PRICE
PRODUCT REVIEW AVERAGE
PRODUCT EWVIEW COUNT
PRODUCT TYPE
SHIPPING WEIGHT
SIZE SYSTEM
TITLE

Then theres another box next to it saying the following options:
IS ABSENT
EQUALS
CONTAINS
STARTS WITH
ENDS WITH
MATCHES
LESS THAN
LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO
GREATER THAN
GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO
IN RANGE
EARLIER THAN
LATER THAN

Then there is a blank box next to that box on the right side of the page, then below all those left, middle and right boxes is a box that forces me to put numbers into it says 'SET THE VALUSE FOR 'GTIN' TO...' and then it says WARNING IF THE OVERWRITE TICK BOX IS TICKED ANY VALUE YOU SUBMITTED FOR THIS TARGET ATTRIBUTE IS DELETED, UNLESS THE RESPECTIVE ITEM FULFILS AT LEAST ONE CONDITION ABOVE. Then has a tick box saying OVERWRITE ALL VALUES FOR THIS ATTRIBUTE then says LEAVE un-ticked to preserve existing values in the attribute.

Also above EVERYTHING I just typed out, it says THREE options to tick one of them. I ticked USE A FIXED VALUE BASED ON CRITERIA IN A COLUMN IN YOUR FEED to be able to see all the above information and options. every time I type FALSE into the only blank box there is on this whole thing on my google merchant page it wont allow me to press the CONTINUE button and I honestly feel like giving up, have tried everything I can, asked everyone I can, researched this on google, I'm not very good at codes, or my OpenCart website and I really need someones knowledge on here? Thank you very much for reading this hopefully someone will know what I'm doing wrong.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Please help - how do I set identifier exists to false

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

the best likely course would be to contact
opencart-support directly and also post the
question to the opencart-forums.

unfortunately, the information required cannot be changed
within the merchant-center-account -- the details must be
changed within opencart.

what the merchant-center offers are feed-rules --
to map one attribute to a different attribute --
which has nothing whatever to do with this particular
issue so, be certain to delete all the feed-rules within
the merchant-center and then contact opencart-support.

when contacting opencart, simply state that identifier_exists
must be set to FALSE and mpn, gtin, and brand data cannot
be submitted to google for handmade items; what are the exact

steps required within the opencart-account to make this happen.

see also
http://www.opencart.com/?route=support/support