AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Please Help, Shopping Campaign Suspended.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Our shopping campaign has been running fine for many months.  I updated my about us page a few days ago and overnight my account was suspended.  So I am not sure if what I did in the about us page caused this or not, but essentially I talked with google and confirmed I could add a link directing my customers to a google trusted page in the about us page, while also including some code for facebook likes and twitter followers. Currently, we are a Google Trusted Store with lots of reviews.  I removed this link after the suspension happened and received a follow up review saying.  Any recommendations or help please?

[Google’s primary objective is to provide safe, relevant experiences for our users. The decision to suspend your account was made after careful review of your account and the low quality landing page experiences promoted through your website. We won't be able to provide you with any further details regarding the suspension of the account.]

-UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)

The online shopping experience offered through your website was considered unsatisfactory for Google Shopping users at this time. In determining whether a merchant or site is untrustworthy we may review information from multiple sources including your website, product listings, accounts and 3rd-party sources. Due to the sensitive nature of the review we are unable to provide further details. Finally, we encourage you to build a track record of good customer service.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author VBE
October 2016

Please Help, Shopping Campaign Suspended.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 16
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just wanted to say that my account was unsuspended and google was not able to tell me why it was suspended in the first place.

View solution in original post

Re: Please Help, Shopping Campaign Suspended.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi VBE,
Usually, the review team's decision is final and there's not much we can do about it here on the community I'm afraid.
Participation in the Trusted Stores program doesn't grant immunity to landing page policies and user experience requirements.

However, if you post your website address, we might be able to give you some sort of idea what happened.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So essentially this domain is dead from Google shopping baring some sort of miracle

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
yes, untrustworthy-promotions suspensions are
usually permanent with respect to the domain.

untrustworthy-promotions, mainly relates to a business-model, specific
business-process, or how a specific business or its advertising have
been represented to the public, especially over time -- although the
trigger may have been a specific website/domain the suspension is
not necessarily isolated to a specific website/domain.

therefore, untrustworthy-promotions suspensions are also usually permanent
with respect to the advertiser/merchant -- typically, all related accounts
will also be suspended along with any future domains or future accounts.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Can anyone read more into what this would mean? Per the team at bigcommerce they have seen this happen for scripts and load times on pages. I uploaded a facebook like buttom <iframe> version and a twitter follow us button on my about us page and have removed both. Could the load time of the facebook button have caused this? I have been running for 2 years and my site hasn't changed at all. My feedback is great and customer service is fine.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but unfortunately we will not be able to reinstate this account and the current status of the products and the account may be beyond fix. Google’s primary objective is to provide safe, relevant experiences for our users. The decision to suspend your account was made after careful review of your account and the low quality landing page experiences promoted through your website. We won't be able to provide you with any further details regarding the suspension of the account.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi VBE,
Just because your customer reviews are positive, doesn't mean that your site or product complies with Google's policies. It might be worth noting that Google's policies change too.

I notice that you didn't provide your URL. Unfortunately, without that, there's not much we can tell you that Google hasn't themselves.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Dave, is there any way I can reach out to you directly with the url?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
untrustworthy-promotions mainly relates to business-models, business-processes,
or how a specific business or its advertising have been represented to the public,
over time -- any technical or related issues, such as load-times, are extremely
unlikely to be involved, at all.

the length of time a feed or website has been running successfully, typically
has absolutely no impact on a suspension -- google is constantly checking
and rechecking products, websites, and businesses, for policy issues and
may suspend a website, account, or merchant/advertiser at any time.

generally, if customer feedback is great and customer service is fine then,
look to the business-model, business-processes, or any related details, --
e.g. supply-chains, type of business, business details, inventory details, etc.

as was indicated, posting the exact website url,
here in the public forums, may allow others to
offer more specific suggestions as to what may
have triggered the suspension -- but this is rather
unlikely to change google's suspension decision.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
What kinds of problems would be involved with supply-chains, type of business, business details? My inventory is updating in real-time.

VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
VBE
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I will post my url once google updates me on additional findings/changes I can make. Has anyone ever seen this ban overturned? Adwords support chatted with tech support and no one could find anything wrong behind that gate, so it got escalated to another gate keeper. Waiting on this gate keepers update. Cheers