AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

PLEASE HELP!!! Clicks are down 70%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I paused my Google AdWords and Shopping campaigns for Christmas and now my ads are barely showing.  My clicks were down 75% yesterday.  The impressions were down 95% for some campaigns.  I called Google support yesterday and they said everything is fine.  I don’t believe them.  Can anyone help me understand why?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is very normal, pausing a campaign or ad group needs time to get back on track which can take up to 7 days.

Also consider it's the holidays and maybe traffic is lower than normal.

When you pause the campaign you give your competitors the chance to gain ranking. So getting this back requires you to improve your ads and time.

Try increasing the budget and Max CPC during the first 7 days.

Using 1 day as a reference, especially during the holidays is not a good time to compare. Allot of people are still on holiday.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your feedback Emmanuel.  After further investigation, my AdWords ads are showing just fine.  My shopping campaigns are essentially not showing whatsoever.  One data point that is significant to me is that yesterday, Dec 26th, I had 107 Shopping clicks.  Exactly one week beforehand, on Dec 19th I had 1438 Shopping clicks.  I understand that there may be some poor performance due to pausing but being down over 90% indicates to me that there may be other problems.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Christmas is over, so is Christmas shopping traffic.  This is normal.