AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

PLA Merchant Center Clicks and Google Analytics Sessions Data is Off

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the merchant center, one of my products is saying I have received 24 clicks; however when I go into analytics it's saying I only have 13 sessions. Why the discrpency? Also, the 13 sessions are showing a 0 duration. Could this be click fraud?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PLA Merchant Center Clicks and Google Analytics Sessions Data is O

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nicole,
Welcome to the community.

Start by reading this article: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en
It's a common confusion.

The 13 sessions that you are seeing though, a zero duration sounds odd. How are you measuring the duration for each?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave, thanks! I'm looking at duration in Google Analytics under matched search queries for the product in question. The link was helpful about difference between numbers, just seems weird that all 13 sessions have 100% bounce and 0 duration right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, weird but not unexpected or impossible. Without seeing your landing pages and the keywords themselves it's impossible to tell.

If I was bidding on the term "accounting software" and sent users to a page with Justin Bieber photos and nothing else, I'd expect this behaviour!

Also, 13 sessions does not mean 13 visits. There's too few potential visitors to form an opinion yet.

Can you share the data requested? Are you seeing normal nimbers for other keywords? (I. E, is GA installed correctly?)

Finally, can you add the invalid click rate column to your keyword reports in AdWords and see what it says?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The matched search query is hermes bracelet and the landing page is http://shop.michaelsconsignment.com/products/hermes-black-gold-enamel-bangle-bracelet, so the relevancy is there. The other keywords are lining up. We just launched a week ago, hence the low numbers and I'm watching everything like a hawk. Can invalid click rate be added to shopping campaigns in adwords? I'm not seeing it's available for a shopping campaign.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicole,

You may want to check whether those clicks are mobile or not. Most advertisers aren't aware, but Google started recently pushing PLA's mobile, where users may click by mistake, or the page is just not mobile friendly. This tends to show high bounce rates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, thank you for your feedback. 12 are desktop, 1 tablet, so that doesn't appear to be the issue, but certainly a good thought. Any other ideas?