AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Optimization : Should I put 1 product per adgroup ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Since 20% of my products will give me 80% of my sales, should I put each one of these products in their own adgroup ?

This way it would be easier to see which keywords work and don't work for each product. Is there a way to display which keyword was searched for a specific product ? I don't think so...

Thank you!

Charles

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Optimization : Should I put 1 product per adgroup ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Charles,

If you are running search campaigns and you only have a few best selling products then you would be best off breaking them up in their own ad group. This way your ads and keywords can target your products precisely.

As per searching which keyword you can use search term report to find what search term was used to trigger your ad. The difference between search term and a keyword is that a search term is the exact word or set of words a customer enters when searching on Google when a keyword is the word or set of words AdWords advertisers create for a given ad group to target your ads to customers.

God luck and happy advertising!

Re: Optimization : Should I put 1 product per adgroup ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
For PLA's it all ends up to how easy it is to maintain and what you want to achieve.

For example you can categorize by category or product type than further segment it by best sellers vs normal.

There is no right or wrong, merely what you want. I suggest you go for it, test it out. If it does not work than revert back.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’