AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Only One Product Showing Up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

I have a shopping feed that has a certain search term at the start of the title for 23 different products. Each product varies in type and size however the first few words of all the titles exactly match a specific search term. The problem is im only getting one of these products showing up in google shopping, no matter how many times i refresh the page, is there something ive missed here? I was hoping all the different products might cycle through instead of the same one being shown again and again, any thoughts?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Only One Product Showing Up?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Google does not show every variant when a search term is matched. Most likely only 1 product will show, more are possible.

This is done to avoid 1 merchant being listed numerous times. Which is rather negative for other merchants. Thus to level the playing field it will only show only 1 product which Google thinks matches the search query best.

The second part of your question is that Google will only show products that have the best CTR. Google will not show products that have poor performance as it does not help Google show relevant products. Low or no CTR with high impressions equal non relevant.

For example if you started out it will stress test all your products and see which ones work, if products match the same search query, than only the one which has the better performance will be shown

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Only One Product Showing Up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, thanks for the insight Emmanuel