AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

One set of Product groups not showing any impressions or clicks in the last 7 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a shopping campaign which has a product group set up which tends to get around 160,000 impressions a week with around 2500 clicks. However in the last week, there has been no impressions or clicks showing, therefore I have checked the merchant centre and there are no errors with the feed and all products are showing ok. I have contacted google and they said there appears to be no problems with my account and the merchant centre is fine. They suggested I up my bidding and change the priority, however I feel there has to be a reporting error or some other problem because surely you can't drop that much, can anyone help? Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

One set of Product groups not showing any impressions or clicks in the last 7 days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I recommend you check what happened before and after the change in impressions, in your adwords account. In most cases, it is down to accidentally changing settings or setup.

Check your auction insight, if the above does not apply. It is highly likely a competitor is outperforming you.

Check the data feed before and after the impressions changed, not because there are no errors, means nothing changed.

In short, start checking everything from the website, data feed to the adwords account. If there is a big drop then it's always due to something. It never happens by itself if the change is big.

For example, some merchants changed the product id, which completely resets the ranking which means you need to start from zero again.

As a drop in impressions can be caused by a lot of factors, a simple answer is rather difficult. So I recommend you check everything again.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel, thanks for the information, there was a slight issue with the product feed picking the incorrect product type.