AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

One product canibalizing clicks over others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have different ad groups for each product type.  The first product in the feed gets impressions, but the rest of the feeds do not receive any.  

For example, we sell card sleeves.  Each description is similar and says something like black card sleeves or red card sleeves.  The bid strategy is enhanced CPC.  Is there something Im doing wrong and not allowing all products to show?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray King
August 2016

Re: One product canibalizing clicks over others.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is very common with variants. Because you have multiple products that are similar. In most cases only 1 will show. Unless the customer is searching for a color specific product.

It would be a negative towards Google's other merchants if they would list every single variant with equal ranking on the first page. Would not really work in a marketplace.

I recommend focus on the product with more impressions and ensure that the title for the others have the color defined and also in the attribute color.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray King
August 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is very common with variants. Because you have multiple products that are similar. In most cases only 1 will show. Unless the customer is searching for a color specific product.

It would be a negative towards Google's other merchants if they would list every single variant with equal ranking on the first page. Would not really work in a marketplace.

I recommend focus on the product with more impressions and ensure that the title for the others have the color defined and also in the attribute color.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, This helps.