AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Offer product placments for download to a device in an app.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After implementing remarketing, it seems that a natural evolution of the services provided would be that google might offer a service that will draw product listings from merchant center along with logo and store informaiton to auto create an app that could be downloaded to a device, that in turn would offer push notifications, repeat orders and special loyalty memberships. How far away are we from this? Because I have teams approaching me that want build me an app. I am just thinking that like the folks who approached me last year about remarketing, that soon this service will be best served through the adwords and merchant center vortex.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Offer product placments for download to a device in an app.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,
While the data is there, I don't think we'll see this any time soon. IF Google are working on something like this, you wont hear about it until it's in beta but I'd be willing to put a bet on with you now that they're not even considering it.