AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Number of searches for particular phrases in Google Shopping?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand how to use Keyword Planner to get search estimates for particular phrases in Google Web search.  How can I determine the number of searches for particular phrases in Google Shopping?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Number of searches for particular phrases in Google Shopping?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I know, you can't the best way to rank in Google Shopping is to see how your organic ranking is working. You can use Google Keyword Planner as a reference, but this does not reflect Shopping. Maybe in the future there will be an option for this.

How Google Shopping works is it tries to present the products the user is searching for, so I suggest focus not to hard on keywords, and try to catch the shoppers based on the product.

Avoid too generic descriptions and titles, the more focused you are the better.

Remember that Titles and descriptions are not the only ranking factors.

Re: Number of searches for particular phrases in Google Shopping?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

It's better to look at the Google Shopping campaigns specific reports available inside the interface like Auction Insights Report especially for the Shopping campaigns, Benchmarking and Impression Data Report etc... These reports will help you identify where you might be lacking in front of other advertisers and you can improve on that.

Also you do get the Search Terms Report and find out which search queries might be relevant and irrelevant to what you are advertising in Google Shopping. Based on that, you can add the negative keywords and improve on your campaign's performance.

Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455573

Pankaj