AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Number data sheets & Shopping campaign structure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating shopping campaigns for first time for an eCommerce website, where we have different category of products such as apparel, shoes, furniture, electronics and then subcategories underneath. 

I need suggestion on creating data feed, should i create one sheet and add all the product categories & sub-Categories or one sheet per category. 

Also the best practices for shopping campaign structure, should i create one campaign one adgroup or multiple campaigns and one ad group or one campaign different adgroups for each category etc.

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks a Lot,

Punam

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Info
3w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no difference between 1 sheet vs multiple sheets. However, there is a maximum number of sheets you can use. Best practice is to use 1 sheet.

The best structure for campaigns is the one that follows your campaign goal and website structure. Each merchant will have a different setup.

For example, one merchant may have 1 campaign with a couple of ad groups separated by product type

Another may have 7 campaigns separated by product type and ad groups separated by brands

There are lots of different setups and you should first compile your strategy and goals then find the best way to achieve these and built up your campaign that way.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Info
3w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There is no difference between 1 sheet vs multiple sheets. However, there is a maximum number of sheets you can use. Best practice is to use 1 sheet.

The best structure for campaigns is the one that follows your campaign goal and website structure. Each merchant will have a different setup.

For example, one merchant may have 1 campaign with a couple of ad groups separated by product type

Another may have 7 campaigns separated by product type and ad groups separated by brands

There are lots of different setups and you should first compile your strategy and goals then find the best way to achieve these and built up your campaign that way.

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Also, one common technique is to have different campaigns for different levels of profitability - if that applies to you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Emmanuel F, Can you please share any blog or article related to different structure as per the goals you mentioned.

Really appreciate your help.

Punam

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

We can only share official documentation, for any nonofficial articles and blog, please use a search engine to find it.

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/3455481

Hope this helps.