AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Not multi-packed but grouped with multi-pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a big problem with google grouping me with vendors who sell in multi-packs when I (along with most others) sell items individually

A competitor sells everything in bulk - even though the items are designed to sell individually.  The below item is shipped to us in a box of 12 assorted (4 of each color).   They are hang tagged individually and we are billed for quantity 12 (not 4 sets of 3).  They are designed to sell individually.  All have the same upc # and google requires a upc for this brand.  

I did not submit a bulk packaging field - but I am grouped with a company that sells it in a 3 piece mutipack - this same company that sells EVERYTHING in multi-pack, this is actually one of their smaller multi-packs.  They are more like a Costco for holiday items, you can't buy just 1.  But google keeps listing me with their multi-pack listings

As a result I get complaints that I have false advertising in google because my price is only for 1 and I am getting not only tired of explaining it, but tired of paying for clicks where google is the one who made the error, not me.  There is a multi-pack field for that reason, and I do not fill it in because I do not multi-pack.  At the same time I am not getting clicks for those who are looking for just quantity "1".  So google is wasting my ad dollars.  

Any suggestions?

https://www.google.com/search?q=kurt+adler+day+of+the+dead+skull+ornament&oq=kurt+adler+&aqs=chrome....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not multi-packed but grouped with multi-pack

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm not sure what the rules are in this instance, I would of guessed you set identifier exists to false for this as it is not the same product anymore. However this is a grey area.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But I do have an identifier. The item comes in 3 different color/styles, just like a T-Shirt might come in 3 different colors, which does not mean it's is sold as a 3 piece set, the customer chooses what color they want. This one, who sells under many names, and another who also sells under many names, sells everything in bulk, if it comes in 20 colors, they sell it as a set of 20, but if you walked into a retail store, it would sell individually, not force you to purchase all 20 colors.

It seems google is allowing this store to bulk package without using the bulk packing field, and using their description as what would apply to everyone else, but everyone else who sells this products (outside of google shopping) sells it individually just like I do.

I have found about 20 items (so far) this company sells, that I sell too, which fall into the same issue. They are designed to sell individually.

I have about 3,700 products, about 1,000 of them come in assorted colors/styes that are designed to sell individually. Are you suggesting I change those 1,000 items to no identifier exists?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you think the other merchant is using incorrect data and submitting it incorrectly. Please use the link below to submit a violation.
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

In the end Google's Policy state that all data submitted must be accurate. So if you have done this accurately, than the best action is to tell Google someone else is doing something wrong.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’