AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Nobody's PLA's are showing in Google Search, including yours!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As of this writing, no PLA's are showing in Google Search when user is logged in with Google ID and Password.  Not just mine. Nobodies!  Try it yourself.  Search for any product while not logged on, and you get all sorts of PLA's.  Log in, and >POOF<, they disappear.

Not so great when you depend on them to convert to sales on your eCommerce store.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Nobody's PLA's are showing in Google Search, including yours!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

i am currently seeing product-listing-ads
in google-search -- both while logged-in
to google with a google-id and password
and using the browser's incognito-mode.

generally, continually searching without clicking in hopes of
showing (product-listing) ads eventually teaches the system
that a (particular) user does not find the ads to be relevant --

resulting in stopping ads from showing altogether.

currently, about the only way to determine if a specific
product-listing-ad is being shown is to look directly into
the adwords-account statistics.

however, continually searching for your own product-listing-ads --
logged-in to google or not -- can negatively impact the statistics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I appreciate your answer.

I guess I find it hard to believe that Google Adwords would stop displaying ALL Product Listing Ads under ANY category just because I am not clicking on ANY of them, whether searching for Ajax Jumping Jax or Pink Elephant Sneakers.

I think it was a quirk of Google Search at the time I brought it up (a week ago, Friday, 7/24/14) because my traffic was DOWN in my Adwords account.

And yes, I cleared all the caches on BOTH browsers, tried a different computer, and tried a different computer on a DIFFERENT Wide Area Network, all with the same result...history ON (and CLEARED out), no PLA's. History OFF, lo and behold...PLA's! Before you jump to the "well, your history was cleared, so that's why you saw no PLA's" answer, Google Search did the same thing before clearing my Google Search history.

Needless to say, everything is working correctly now, hence my "it was a quirk of Google Search at the time" conclusion.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

first, you're welcome and thank you for the update.

i simply did not see any of the same, similar, results near the
time of the report -- the auctions can be highly dynamic and
personalized based on many factors.