AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

No Impressions On Product Listing Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have added a series of new campaigns to our Ad Words account designed just for Product Listing Ads.  We have ad groups set up for individual items within the campaigns and have included the auto targets.  We have no know errors or problems.  For items that we normally bid .50 - $1.00 per click we are bidding as high as $3.00 a click in the Product Listing Ads.  Out of almost 50 of our most popular products listed only two are getting any impressions at all.  Why are we getting no impressions?  All of these products are very active in our regular ad words ads but we have no impressions on Product Listing Ads? 
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Impressions On Product Listing Ads

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ForHappyDogs,

Welcome to the community.

I found an old thread from the previous forum that may help you sort this out.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/cant-see-my-ad/a-8FPJzkweM

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom but I don't see how this relates to our problems with Product Listing Ads?  Another day has gone by and we still only have two PLA's that are getting imprssions.  The two that are getting impresions are in groups of items where the difference is in size.  Why one size would get impresions and not the others just doesn't make sense?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I thought this post could be helpful..if not, my apologies.

"Hi peterv_springtree,

There could be reasons why your product listing ad may not be showing (accruing clicks and impressions) and the main reason can be- 
A product listing ad doesn’t trigger for a product-related search if the Google Merchant Center feed is not properly set up, or that your product targets or filters do not exactly much your feed data.

If any of your attributes do not match one another - for example, attributes are case sensitive - then your ads will not serve properly. Also, you may not see an expected ad if you have enabled product filters that exclude the specific product. Be sure to check the status of your targets, filters, and feed content to be sure your ads are set up to serve properly. Also, remember that changes made to your feed may take some time to take effect.

Aside from the above, there may be other more general reasons, such as budget, bidding, location settings, or other performance issues that may be affecting your product listing ad's ability to serve. Could you please check your account for these triggers. Since no one on the forum has access to your account information including Google employees, I am not able to troubleshoot this towards your account. You can also feel free to contact our support team for help.

Best,

AWP Paddy"

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have contacted Google 3 times to confirm that there were no problems with our Merchant Center Feed.  We have no errors on these items and Google has assured us that the feed is correct and they have no problems with these items.

All products have been verified and confirmed in the PLA Ad.

We do not have any filters to exclude products

We do check the status of each item and yes every time we make a change right now it takes as much as 24 hrs or more for it to complete.

Budget is not an issue as there are no impressions at all there is no chance of reaching budget limits

On bidding we are now bidding as much as $5.00 per click on items that use to get impressions and clicks at .50

Our location settings are set up for the United States

In one group we have 7 items.  The only differences between these items are size, model number, UPC, and price.  We have PLA's for these as a group and individually.  Out of 7 only 1 is getting any impresions at all and that one is performing as expected.  The other 6 have nothing.

HELP !!!!!!

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ForHappyDogs, 

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, we are not able to troubleshoot your issue as it looks account specific. I know you've already contacted Google 3x, but I can only offer to pass your query onto the support team. Is this something you'd like me to do? I'm happy to do that.

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi HappyDogs,

So only 7 items in the feed?

Have you verified if other advertisers have PLA's for those search terms that you are not being triggered on?  It may be that there is a low volume or not enought advertisers on those products for Google to serve those PLA's.

Have you checked to make sure you have not accidentally filtered something out?

Are you using the AdWords grouping or AdWords labels attributes in your feed?  I personally find them very helpful when used with a filter - that way you are sure to get the right product(s) in each group.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi, ForHappyDogs.

There's something that raised my eyebrows in your question. You're talking about "including the auto targets".

There are dynamic ad targets, where you specify the product pages and the system shows ads for them, and PLAs, where you add a Product Extension to a campaign.

I have not used auto-targets (yet), but I did start using PLAs. Here's what I noticed with PLAs:

- You are not doing the targeting. And that's frustrating, in a way. You may get impressions for very general search terms.

- After enabling them, they are not active immediately, and not all of them. It's as if there's an "arming" period.

- When the system detects that one product ad gets a decent CTR (I assume) for a search term, it starts showing that product more often for that search term.

- I think (thoug I don't have solid, statistical proof), that when you have high-performing regular ads for a product, you may have them shown for that search query and you do not get your PLA shown, unless you also have good performance with PLAs (but that takes time). I did manage to get my ads to show both as regular search ads, with sitelinks, and PLAs. What I do not think I've seen though is my ad, with product extensions AND PLAs at the same time.

- many negative keywords really bring your impressions down. I received many, many impressions until I decided that the answer to a very general search term is not a specific product. Once I did that, the impressions did tank. But then I don't want an ad for a 60" Aquos LED TV to show for a hdtv search query anyway.

Please get back to us and tell us if you did enable product extensions for your campaign, and how long ago did you do that.

Ah, one more thing I've remembered: the unfiltered feeds used in a PLA campaign were shown quicker than a specific, filtered one. Why? Don't know for sure. Two campaigns, an "all product" one, and a "filtered" one, and the "all product one" started much quicker. Maybe there was more competition for the filtered one.

How long after all the products in the feed were approved did you start to run your PLA campaign?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello, ForHappyDogs.

If it's indeed Dynamic Search Ads that you wanted to create, then here's an explanation straight from the front page (http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/dynamicsearchads.html):

The ad enters the auction and competes normally -- but we'll hold it back for any search where you also have an eligible keyword-targeted ad

Could this be the issue?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Zee,

We would love it if you could pass this along.  It's been days now.  We keep trying differnt things and nothing seems to be working.

ForHappyDogs