AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

No Impressions, No Ability to Setup Sub Categories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ever since I setup my Google Shopping Campaigns when I log into my Google Adwords Editor and download the statistics I'm getting no impressions and no clicks even though I'm bidding the same amount I did pre-Google Shopping Campaign. My feed inside the merchant center shows no errors so I'm wondering if there is something I've done wrong. 

The strange this is that if I log into Google Merchant Center I see where there is a couple of products that received clicks but they don't seem to be reported in my statistics in adwords.

My second issue is that I can seem to create subcategories for my Shopping Campaigns. I've been able to segment my top level by category but when I try to create a subcategory based on brand or custom label the adwords editor reports that it can read the data. Seems strange since, once again, I'm not seeing any errors in my feed in Google Merchant Center.

Anyone have any ideas? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: No Impressions, No Ability to Setup Sub Categories

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tino
I am not sure I understood you 100%. I think what you are saying is there are no impressions or clicks despite the feed being error free right? If that's the case, I would like to know if your account has been converted to shopping campaign (whether by google or self)? If yes then what are the products you are dealing in (there are different requirements for different products and countries) . Custom labels and sub categories are two different things- in custom label you can use your own labels (not shown to visitors, its only for you to keep a proper track of them by maintaining groups and are not mandatory) while sub categories are mandatory in products like apparels or those that are bundled...there are lot of things. So please tell us more so that we can help you

I would suggest you go the merchant account and then the feed quality section because at times the main dashboard may not show errors. Also when was the last you uploaded a data feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. I actually ended up speaking with a Google rep about the issue. I guess I was just impatient and didn't wait long enough for everything to setup in addition there was one setting I had to change. I believe it was related to priority. They walked me through it and after 48 hours or so everything started working properly.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you very much for the reply Tino, wish you good luck with your shopping campaign.