AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

No Conversions From Adwords Shopping in a Week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not had one conversion from Adwords shopping campaigns in a week. It appears this advertising source has died. Is anyone else experiencing poor results with their shopping campaigns despite bidding high?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Basing a dead situation on a week or on a platform is not really a data centric way of coming to a conclusion.

Things you need to consider are your competitors might be out performing your ads. Advertising is not only about bidding but also ranking. If you do not rank well than it is difficult to turn a sale. Also consider product pricing among others.

I recommend first analyzing which products have had no sales, check what has changed, less impressions, less CTR? Have you recently made any changes?

All important data research.

If you have made no changes, than you need to start improving your product data feed, than improve your PLA campaign.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: No Conversions From Adwords Shopping in a Week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Overall impressions are the same, though the CTR has dropped some (- .5%). Page views from shopping traffic has also declined substantially. There's no new competition and similar campaigns on other search engines are performing normally. On the surface this looks like my Adwords shopping ads are being shown to the wrong people or individuals that are so far removed from the buying process that they are just poking around for information.

I'll wait to see how well my shopping campaigns work out today. Without any noticeable change, I'll pause the shopping campaigns and reallocate my marketing budget until the deficiencies in Adwords shopping can be identified/remedied. Particularly with low margin products, a negative ROI is not sustainable for any great length of time and a week without any conversions is something I have not seen before in prior years.

Thanks for your comments/insight and have a good day.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill W
February 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have seen this too.  I have been using shopping ads for a couple of years now and I had never had a day without a single conversion until this week.  Now had 3 days in a row without conversions this week.  Have cut my spend.   Strangely had an excellent day on Saturday.  The click throughs are also for some slightly odd products too so I suspect that my ads are not showing in the normal way.  There is a google update ongoing from 7th february so I suspect this has interfered with the ads. 

Re: No Conversions From Adwords Shopping in a Week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ruth, it is good to know it is not just me with long running campaigns that are suddenly underperforming. I think your solution is the best and will reduce my spend as well. Negative profit margins from Adwords just is not sustainable. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and have a good day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bill

I noticed a couple of other things yesterday which may be relevant.  Search engine land reported that there seemed to be trials of showing an increase number of shopping ads on searches, which suggests that they may be tinkering.  Secondly, I did a search for a particular product yesterday, on the shopping tab.  It came up with 3 products starting at £8.54.  The £8.54 one was the headline, I clicked "compare products from 3 shops" and only 2 showed in the list (not the headline), I went back, clicked it again and then only 1 showed.  The listing then dropped the £8.54 product completely and went back to 2 again.  I went back later and all 3 were there. So something is definitely odd!