AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

New shopping with lots of temporary disabled products due to price

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We have just updated our feed to google merchant center.  Previously we had all products in the feed, simple and configurable.  So we have removed the configurable and only import simple products. 

These simple product in the main are variations of the configurable product so we make sure the simple URL is pointing at the configurable product URL for image/price etc. 

So now we have more products listed which is brilliant, but some of the products that are disabled are because of price variation on the between the feed and the website. 

But this variation is just because there is price differential between the different variations of the product.  So a product with 6 variations could have six different prices. 

Some of the price variation is the difference between the products highest price and lowest price.  And some are where Google is taking the 'Price including sales Tax' and comparing it against the price on the page which is 'Price excluding sales tax' 

The products that are temporarily disabled does this mean Google is just going through a checking process and once it re-checks the products will become active? 

And so I leave alone for another few days, or do I have to adjust the feed for products with multiple variations?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

A product data submitted must be identical to the landing page data. Meaning all prices, title, images etc must be identical on your website as the data you submit to Google Merchant.

If you want to submit variants you will need to submit the unique url associated to that product and make sure the visibility in Magento for the variant is set to search, catalog or search and catalog

Alternatively you can ask your web developer to create a landing page where the parent product accepts variant query strings, which means that the information on the landing page changes based on the query. However this is rather complex and not a simple setup.

So what you need to make sure of is that the landing page and data submitted are identical.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for that.  I have answered in three parts, as I just want to clarify something.

1) To quote you - "A product data submitted must be identical to the landing page data. Meaning all prices, title, images etc must be identical on your website as the data you submit to Google Merchant."

The Configurable Product landing pages have all the correct images and prices.  as the 'Variable URL - which is not visible on website - is removed and replaced in feed with Configurable URL.

What I am trying to figure out is why when Google checked the page it selected the 'Price without Sales Tax' rather than the 'Price With Sales Tax' as summited via the feed.

So I am thinking that maybe the previous feed which was being submitted wrongly, has impacted on the new feed, in that there is a 'time lag' between uploading new Feed and Google re-checking the actual URL. 

Because if it did it would see the correct price was submitted (price + Sales Tax) and is being displayed on Landing Page.

2) "If you want to submit variants you will need to submit the unique url associated to that product and make sure the visibility in Magento for the variant is set to search, catalog or search and catalog"

I was off the understanding that I can submit 'Configurable URLs' for each of the variants, to save having to set all products to "Search" or "Catalog" as long as the configurable URL is used. 

So that is what I did, for example www.mywebsite.co.uk/t-shirt-white-large is replaced in the feed with the configurable product to www.mywebsite.co.uk/t-shirt

This shows the correct prices and correct images. 

Does this not work? 

3) If I change each variable product to 'Search or Catalog' to make the 'Variant URL' visible to Google, this would I presume remove the 'Price Error' issue.  

but to me it would add another issue

Organic SEO -  Suddenly our website would have 100's new pages all with duplicate content, being picked up my Google Search Engine Bots ? And therefore have a potentially negative effect on our Organic SEO? 

Many thanks in advance, if you could a little more that would be great Smiley Happy 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

1) Does the landing page by default without customer interaction with any drop down menus show the correct data? If not Google can not change drop down menus. You need to show the correct data upon landing on the page.

2) You can as long as each data submitted is identical to the landing page (without interacting with drop down menus)

3) Regards to SEO is a whole different story, if you want to advertise on Google you need to submit the correct data. SEO and Google Shopping are two different things. I recommend contacting your web developer to accept variant queries where www.mywebsite.co.uk/t-shirt?size=large&color=white shows the correct variant on the parent page.

Think of it this way, the data submitted has to be identical to the data on the landing page as is.

Make sure that the price to pay (inc vat) is the first price visible and is correct for each variant without interaction.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for that.

The page has no drop downs...not hidden prices, in terms of a human looking, not sure what Google my see differently.  Have a look here: https://screencast.com/t/slwiilZXmO  Is this not the correct data?  

This is the product in Google feed: https://screencast.com/t/7czZMWv2

The thing is as not all products are temporarily disabled, in fact we now have more products on Google Shopping than ever. With less errors/warnings etc. So this is what has confused me. 

For example this product: https://screencast.com/t/Vbinfd5fizl is alive and very enabled in Google Shopping: https://screencast.com/t/LHPTp6TSDYN

Your suggested solution may well be the answer in the long, as I can block the URLs from being indexed, so that should take care of Organic SEO as long it is doesn't effect Shopping Feed.  And it may be the case that it doesn't really affect Organic SEO as all the product variations have slightly different descriptions etc.  So I may be worry about nothing. Smiley Happy 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hello Rob,

Looking at your website, when you submit the blue one, it is more expensive. So when a person clicks on the ad from Google Shopping the first price visible on the website have to be the same. I'm guessing this is not the case? And you are showing the price of the cheapest product first? The first price is the price under the title.

Unfortunately Google is not very quick with enforcing policies, but I recommend even when you have small amount of issues is to follow the policy rules so that in the long term you enjoy better ranking and less stress to fix things Smiley Happy

Hope it helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Yes I will look at using your solution, of making variable products 'search' on our magento site.   As I said I can make those no index for SEO purposes. 

As for the issue at the moment, all except one pricing issue has been cleared up. 

Now just to got to clear up the other points....which is down to bad product admin on the site Smiley Happy 

Many thanks for the help and confirming points of confusion