AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

New account suspended re:Misrepresentation of self or product need help with canned responses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just resubmitted for my 4th review. I've thoroughly read the possibilities for this and plastered contact info and return policies in every nook and cranny of the site. I requested clarification and after 5 days received a canned response telling me the account was suspended due to "Misrepresentation of self or product" along with the information I already had about this violation.

Any ideas here? We sell a constantly shifting variety of overstocked goods and rare legacy PC hardware.  It's not like I'm selling snake oil here.

Any non canned insights would be greatly valued.  Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
April 2017

New account suspended re:Misrepresentation of self or product need help with canned responses

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Three possibilities:

You need a name and physical address on your site - a phone number is not sufficient (I don't think this is explicit in the policies and might depend on the Googler who looks at your site / or combined with other factors)

Your content has been copied from Amazon.

You may have promoted products that were no longer in stock.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Josh,

If you share your URL we might be able to see what's wrong.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow how did I miss that. Theroomthattimforgot.com

That would be helpful info wouldn't it?

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
April 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Three possibilities:

You need a name and physical address on your site - a phone number is not sufficient (I don't think this is explicit in the policies and might depend on the Googler who looks at your site / or combined with other factors)

Your content has been copied from Amazon.

You may have promoted products that were no longer in stock.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I can't access the site

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

It is time instead of tim

Theroomthattimeforgot.com

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Thx @RobSkelton

Based on your products, I do not think you can sell these on Google. The biggest no no is the laptop. As the likelihood of it working due to it's age is very slim.

Also the product images are not professional.

And your current reason of suspension might be only 1 among many others. Based on what you are selling, these do not belong in Google Shopping. As the standard requirements are very high.

I recommend to advertise on other platforms such as Text ads.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This is interesting...let me check with Google;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rob,

I'm going to assume physicl address was the issue. I added that and resubmitted and approved. 

Thank you for the insight!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

We are facing the same issue did re-submitting physical address solved your problem?