AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

New EAN data not updating product ID in Merchant Centre

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've recently updated some EANs for a few products in our range, with the aim of linking said products to a different instance in the Shopping SERP.

To do so, we've changed the EAN in our custom backend system, this has successfully pulled through to our Merchant Centre and updated the EAN associated with the product(s), however the 'ID' field still contains the old EAN number that we're wanting to switch over from.

Does this not automatically update when you change the EAN for a product? If not, how can I manually override this so that the products in question are linked to the new EAN numbers rather than their old ones, which are currently their IDs?

I hope that makes sense, apologies if not!

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

New EAN data not updating product ID in Merchant Centre

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The data you submit will be what Google reads, so if you have added the EAN in the gtin field for the specific product, than it will for that product. Please note that the EAN has to be accurate and assigned by the manufacturer.

So you will need to check if your data feed pulls in the EAN, which is done via the feed system you are using. So that's where you will need to look.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’