AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Need Assistance On My shopping Campaign Performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I would to take your assistance on one of my shopping campaign.

My shopping campaign conversion has been goes down from last couple of weeks. I do some research in my campaign but I unable to find anything. One thing which I analyze in my account that the CTR and clicks are not decreased in this couple of week.

A) On daily basis I filter my search queries.
B) By products are bifurcated on item id levels.
C) I create different ad group on product popularity, seasonal, marginal basis.
D) My product bids are somewhere around Benchmark CPC.
E) I update my feeds on daily basis.
F) There are no any errors or suggestion in feeds in the diagnostic tabs under merchant account.
G) I schedule my ads, Device and location bid adjustment is active.

Can anyone help that I can increase my conversion below mention are the statics of last three weeks?

07-March-2016 to 13-March-2016

Clicks :438
Impressions:18,439
CTR:2.38%
Avg. CPC:£0.51
Cost:£205.82
Conversions:25
Conversions Value:£631.98
Cost / conv:£8.23
Conv. rate:4.79%

29-Feb-201 to 06-March-2016

Clicks:436
Impressions:17,635
CTR:2.47%
Avg. CPC:£0.44
Cost:£189.70
Conversions:36
Conversions Value:£937.28
Cost / conv:£5.27
Conv. rate:8.27%

22-Feb-2016 to 28-Feb-2016

Clicks:445
Impressions:21,889
CTR:2.03%
Avg. CPC:£0.47
Cost:£208.25
Conversions:53
Conversions Value:£12.01.05
Cost / conv:£3.93
Conv. rate:10.79%

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need Assistance On My shopping Campaign Performance

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Frank,

Try looking at the competitor level. Do the competitor analysis & find out if there is some new competitor in the market who is selling the same product on the cheaper price or they are offering good discounts on the similar products. Also you can do product analysis & find out is there a fall for a particular product or it's for all the products you are selling.

Robin

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Check that you aren't promoting products in Shopping that are out-of-stock, or otherwise unable to be ordered on your site.

The other possibility is that your competitors are not selling exactly the same product, and someone else's has become more appealing than yours.

(If it was exactly the same product, but cheaper elsewhere, you'd notice a drop in number of clicks)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Robin Sidana,

I keep my eyes on my competitor even my prices are less than my competitors prices, i also create discount offers same as my competitor did and i am not found any fall on single products.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@RobSkelton,

I am not selling any out of stock products and i sell only those products which my competitor sell.

Actually i only deal in ink cartridges only.

is there any suggestion would you like to give us.

Many Thanks,
Frank

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Frank S have you analysed  the drop in sales against products?  For example, is it one or two products that have dropped substantially, or is the drop roughly even over all the products?

If the drop is only in one or two products, and their impression share/CPC has remained roughly constant, I'd look at competition as the answer.  If the drop is roughly even across all products it could be simply a seasonal variation.

The points of interest are that your impressions, CTR and clicks haven't changed dramatically - in fact in terms of clicks it's almost flat.  This would suggest that the problem lies either in what is being clicked (as above, has there been a rise in one product that doesn't sell as well, but a fall in another that does, or are they all about the same) or in how people are behaving once they reach your site.

How many products do you have?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Jon_Gritton

Actually i have around 600 Products in my website and i only deals in ink cartridges for different brand please here is my website links http://www.storeforlife.co.uk

Yes Exactly the problem is, I have got an impressive number of clicks on my popular products and even then prices of products are also lower than my competitors in spite of that my clicks not converted into sales that's why i am worry about my campaign actually i totally clueless what approach should i use to optimize this campaign.

Any other suggestion would you like to share with me i will be very thankful to you.

Many Thanks,
Franke

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Frank S I do suspect you're going to have to spend some time analysing the traffic and sales product by product, and that's really something only you can do, helped by your experience in the market.  As I mentioned, from your figures it doesn't look like your traffic overall has changed dramatically so you need to dive into the details and look for changes within those overall figures.  Has a previously successful product dropped in clicks/impressions?  Has a product that isn't selling well begun to steal a larger proportion of the budget, etc.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits